We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

Kelowna,BC,Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

looking for great hotel at reasonable price, 150 to 200 euros per night, for 3 nights, in sant marc area, during may'

any ideas on what to ask for from hotels in terms of special offers, promotions, last minute deals, breakfast included, cancellation policies, etc.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,895 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

Venice is not big no need to stay in San Marco area, Hotels there are on average more expensive,, the Hotel web sites would answer most of your queries,

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

We stayed at the Hotel Campiello last week. It is close, but quiet. It was 100 eruros a night on Booking.com this time of year.

Kelowna,BC,Canada
Level Contributor
159 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

Thank you Lighthouselov.....did you fly or take a train to Venice and if so I keep hearing about cheap flights throughout Europe( ie $79.00) but on the internet all I keep seeing is $179.00 as the cheapest from Vienna to Venice and a 7 to 11 hr flight with at least 1 stop in Germany lol lol.Any ideas

Edited: 15 March 2012, 15:21
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

Hotel rates in May may be higher then in March, so keep this in mind. The upper end of your budget is not too bad but would not buy you a memorable room either. Try Hotel Ala, which I beleive is now Best Western Property. Also try Hotel Flora but the room at this rate would be the smallest one they have. As you e-mail hotels to inquire about availability, ask if there are any promotions or packages available. I doubt there would be this time of year but it never hurts to ask.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,895 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

Regarding the Ala be careful which room you may get, we had the worst room we have had in Venice there a few years ago, No windows just a sky light,

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,066 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

I have not stayed at the Ala, so I would definitely follow sophie's warning.

Same can be said about Santa Maria del Giglio Hotel, a short walk from San Marco Square and still very well within the area, relatively reasonable and which enjoys a four-star billing (apartments have full kitchens); however, the hotel rooms are very run down and sad looking.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,799 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

Try using "Venice Hotels" on the upper left side of this page. You can indicate a specific budget and area. Same with www.venere.com

Apts usually have a 3 night minimum so you might want to price that option as well.

Venice is very small ... no need to limit your search to St Marks.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

http://athomeinvenice.com/

We stayed here on our 5th visit to my favorite city. It is quiet , reasonable and in a great loction. Veronica is terrific to deal with. For Venice, quite easy to get to with only two bridges to cross with luggage. when you get there you will find out what a big deal that is when traveling to and from Venice. if it interests you and is available feel free to ask me questions! it is where I plan on staying next time I visit.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
9,634 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

The cheap fares you may be talking about are on airlines like Easyjet. Vienna does not have very good connections on most budget airlines.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,763 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first timers need hotel in sant marc area, help

We flew to Venice from Madrid on Easy Jet. It was cheap.