We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best & Fast Change - Day Light Robbery !!!!!

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best & Fast Change - Day Light Robbery !!!!!

This is a warning to anyone wanting tochange money in Venice. My daughter went to change UAE to EUR and she was charged more than 100 EUR in fees.

This is day-light robbery and these people need to be stopped

When she asked for her original currency back they refused to give it back to her

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,010 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best & Fast Change - Day Light Robbery !!!!!

I am guessing it was an agency and not a bank?

However in most places they do a calculation and show it first before the transaction. Many people on here say the best way is to take money from cashpoints rather than exchanging cash. .... I am sorry for your daughter as €100 is a very large sum......

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best & Fast Change - Day Light Robbery !!!!!

Interesting how this is the second "Best and Fast Change" posting in a day. I've never previously heard of them.

3. Re: Best & Fast Change - Day Light Robbery !!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:27