We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice - Weather and getting around

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Venice - Weather and getting around

What is the weather like in venice at the moment - what clothing should i take?

Also, are you able to walk everywhere or would transport by the water busses be better?

Many Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,057 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

If this is anything to go by not good,

webcamvenezia.it/venezia-piazza-san-marco.php

You can walk , but it is worth considering a Vaporetto Pass as each one off ride is €6.50,

see www.veniceconnected.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,495 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

If you Google "weather venice", you will find dozens of sites with this information.

Venice is small and very walkable, but much depends on how fit you are. If you are young and fit, you could walk everywhere. If you are like me and are old and falling to pieces, you will probably want to travel by vaporetto.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,057 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

There are plenty of sites , but to actually see on the web cam , weather at any said time gives more idea,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,495 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

We posted at the same time Sophie: no need to get upset.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

or you could look here

earthtv.com/en/…venice-italy

tells the weather and you can see streaming video

Edited: 05 April 2012, 12:47
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,057 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

Please sidneynick I am not upset, I just think if you see the weather ,it is a fact, the different sites vary so in forecasts, and the poster did ask what the was like NOW,

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,276 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

on and off drizzle not the heavy rain that is/ was being forecast, is dampish and grey .....

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,696 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

We found the vaporetto pass to be good value. I can't imagine being in Venice for longer than a day without needing/wanting to use the waterbus service.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,726 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

Luckily the heavy rain has only been at night, during the day it has been more of a light misty (but penetrating) drizzle. It has been humid but not too hot. I find that the forecasts at http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Venezia are generally good, if perhaps a bit leaning to the pessimistic side (but better than the opposite, i suppose).

As to walking, I find that anyone who visits (even my sister and her family, that are very fit and athletic) tends to underestimate the amount of walking, even *with* a vaporetto pass. Even with the pass there is usually enough walking to tire most people out by the end of the day, if not earlier.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice - Weather and getting around

I would consider myself a good walker, but the steps over the bridges are quite hard on the legs. The backs of my legs ached for a few day's after overdoing it the first day.