We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

struggling to find hotel for one night

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
struggling to find hotel for one night

I am finding it difficult to find a reasonable hotel or B&B for one night, 23 June. Everybody that I have emailed is either full or requires a booking of two nights or more.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

All we require is a clean room, with en suite facilities; don't need anything fancy as we won't be spending any time in the room other than for a quick shower and to sleep.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,560 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

Try looking at www.venere.com to see what is still available and where you might get one night only.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

Your main problem I feel would be the 1 night , but keep looking , as said venere is a good source,

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
23,982 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

The Best Western Hotel, directly in front of the Mestre railway station, has a room for one night on June 23 for €119.

There are frequent trains and buses from Mestre to Venice that take only ten minutes to get to Piazzale Roma, the gateway to Venice.

http://bit.ly/ulxOH4

Edited: 07 April 2012, 15:40
Mentioned in this post
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
26 Reviews
Venice, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

MonteCD really is sold on Mestre , but do try to stay in Venice, there is no comparison

Mentioned in this post
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,514 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

The last review wasn't very complimentary about it. But it is convenient and generally a good hotsl (and we know its safe at night)....... However on Venere you will find a fair few offering availability for the 1 night in Venice centre should you prefer .

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,205 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

As Sophie \and Rosa say, plenty on Venere for your date, look at the Cannaregio area for the cheapest price and near to public transport.

Not worth staying in Mestre if you only have 1 night.

Mentioned in this post
Mestre
Mestre
City of Venice, Italy
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

we had the same prob too!

no one wanted us for 1 night.

in the end, i booked albergo marin.

it seems not bad... (my stay is in may so i cant review yet)

but u can check them out coz they take 1 night and its within my budget.

book direct w the hotel website and do payment now so its cheaper!

Lexington Kentucky
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

Try the B&B Residenza de l'Osmarin.. Maria Elisabetta the owner is very helpful.. Great Location about 5 minutes from St. Mark's square and also 5 minutes from the Vaparetto stop San Zaccaria. Reasonable prices. It is on the canal...Beautiful... info@residenzadelosmarin.com.. She is great about getting back with you.

Lexington Kentucky
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

Try the B&B Residenza de l'Osmarin.. Maria Elisabetta the owner is very helpful.. Great Location about 5 minutes from St. Mark's square and also 5 minutes from the Vaparetto stop San Zaccaria. Reasonable prices. It is on the canal...Beautiful... info@residenzadelosmarin.com.. She is great about getting back with you.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: struggling to find hotel for one night

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

Venere was an excellent suggestion as, if you indicate you only want one night, it only lists the hotels that accept a one night booking. This is so much more efficient and less frustrating than the other booking sites where you have to click through several pages before you discover they will only accept two or three night stays.

Anyway, I've booked something through Venere now, in Cannaregio near Rialto, and I'm sure it will be fine.