We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to airport

Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Venice to airport

Hello,

I want to buy online the tickets for transportation in Venice. I'll be there for 3 days + airport transfer. My hotel is near Rialto and for departure I would like to ask your advice. My flight is at 9.25 AM to Amsterdam- I saw that Alilaguna has a waterbus at 7:06 and I get to airport at 8 which sounds good to me. I read somewhere here that this service is a shared launch, therefore a minimum of 2 passengers are required and the launch may wait for as much as 40 minutes to fill up. In that case wouldn't be better to take the bus #5? Please advise.

Thank you,

Dora

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,336 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to airport

You are mixing the shared water taxi and Alilaguna up. Alilaguna is a bus with fixed times . The shared wat taxi often has waiting times at the airport but certainly not on departure.

Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to airport

Thank you for the explanation. So the shared taxi is another service offered by Alilaguna. I'll need to buy a 72 h ticket with ACTV and a round trip with Alilaguna. Is it safe to consider 1h for the check-in procedure?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,230 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to airport

I think you should allow more than a hour for check in to be on the safe side

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice to airport

Dulceza, have a look at arriving and departing top right of the forum. It will give all the possibilities.

Most people catch a vaporetto to Piazzale Roma and a bus from there to the airport or take an Alilaguna ferry.

The vaporetto may be covered by your travel pass if it is still within the hours you have purchased. The Alilaguna will not be covered.

Edited: 10 April 2012, 08:53
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,230 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice to airport

You can buy Alilaguna with return on the Venice connected site,

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venice to airport

But it costs €23.75 return compared with €6 if you buy the discounted bus tickets.

A 72 hour pass with a bus return is €37.35 at the medium discount range

Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venice to airport

I saw that the formula (A+C) for 72h + marco Polo return is 37 Euros but here comes my question. I arrive on Thursday afternoon, 3 full days in Venice and Monday morning I'll get back to airport. My understanding is that you have 72h from the moment you'll validate your pass, including the trip to airport.

I need something to cover the round trip to airport and my 3 days in Venice.

Thank you all for your help

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,427 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venice to airport

Just fit your pickup time around what will work best for you. I suggest pick up at the airport and one way bus cover, pay for the Monday Vaporetto and bus trip separately €6.50 + €5. You are more likely to hop on a vaporetto for a sightseeing trip or going out to dinner on arrival.

Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Venice to airport

Ok, so I have to buy the A+B formula , and Monday morning a separate ticket for airport return.

Thank you Lynn

Long Island ,NY
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venice to airport

Hello,

I would appreciate knowing how to get to Treviso airport for a Ryanair flight on May 3rd-afternoon i.e where would we buy a bus ticket and where in Venice would the bus leave from. Also we have e-tickets from Ryanair. Do we just show up at the airport or do we have to confirm a day before the flight like in the old days :-)

Thanks for your help.

Walter