We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surreal Venice photo gallery

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Surreal Venice photo gallery

On our recent 4 night trip, I tried to capture the surreal side of Venice. Enjoy the photo gallery: http://smu.gs/I5ebL1

Trip report coming soon!

1. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 April 2012, 14:26
Melbourne, Victoria
Level Contributor
118 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Stunning! Thanks for posting them.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
38 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Thank you for sharing. What wonderful photographs. I will be visiting Venice this weekend. What an inspiration. I love the colour saturation of many of your photographs, have they been photoshopped or just tweaked using basic digital imaging adjustments? Whatever the case... great results!!!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Great photos!!! We plan to be there in mid July. Any decent but not too expensive hotel recomendations? Thanks...

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Some of those are very good. We all think that our own efforts are the best, but a few of those are quite stunning.

Not sure I buy the 'we thought it only meant 'no flash' in the basilica' ;)

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Great photos! I have enjoyed them and hope you have other travel photos to post. I was in Venice several years ago and hope to go back soon. At the time I was not very interested in photography. If you have a site where you share some of your skills I would love to learn more.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
20,130 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Your use of color and form reminds me of Red Desert (Il deserto rosso), a 1964 Italian film directed by Michelangelo Antonioni and starring Monica Vitti with Richard Harris.

Red Desert was Antonioni's first color film and was awarded the Golden Lion at the 25th Venice Film Festival in 1964.

http://not-critical.com/2010/08/red-desert/

UK
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Some photos of Florence have strayed in. Is Page 1 photo 4 in Venice? If so, where?

What software have you used? Are any or all of them HDR?

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Oops, you're right, there's some Florence in there too!

And yes, I used post processing on some images to enhance the emotional impact or theme. I was not attempting photo journalism in this set so much as a surreal vision of beauty, much like the intent of Venice itself.

We stayed in the most convenient little apartment in Castello, overlooking canals and gondoliers, right next to Arco del Paradiso. It's called "Ponte del Paradiso apartment." (you can google it for booking sites.) It couldn't have been better located, near shops, groceries, pubs, 5 mins to Rialto or St Marks or Cannaregio or San Polo, but quiet at night, and on a historic, picturesque old calle (street.) Highly recommended! It was a newly renovated 3 BR/2 Ba place. The view was to die for!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Surreal Venice photo gallery

Yes, the statue is in the S.S. Giovanni e Paolo church in Cannaregio!