We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

We would like and go spend some time in Murano and Burano and would like to do it on the same day since they are close. Which would be the best Vaporetto to take from our hotel (St Marco/Vallaresso stop)? Thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

It would be best to go to the "islands" stop on the Fondamenta Nuove (although intended for a different purpose, see map on here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/s/routes/view/run-jog-map/venice/21455076), which is only a short walk beyond S. Marco, and take line 12.

See "lagoon routes" on here europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vapore…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,074 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

Also refer to the vaporetto route map at hellovenezia.com/images/stories/navigazio/Ma…

UK
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

Murano and Burano are not really that close, but they are both north of Venice, so you can easily see both the same day. You can also fit Torcello in with Burano.

Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

I just looked at the map posted by sydneynick, would it work to take the 4.2 or 4.1 from S. Marco/S.Zaccaria to Murano and then the 12 to Burano?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,141 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

YOu could but its a long ride, you would be quicker to either walk up to the Fondamente Nove or even vaporetto to the Ca Doro and walk through

Blue Hill Inn
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

What a fun day trip to plan. Perhaps lunch at Busa Alla Torre Da Lele on Murano, or Trattoria da Romano on Burano or even Villa 600 on Torcello? The day trippers tend to leave the islands mid-afternoon. Perhaps you can plan to linger and ride the vaporetto home in the sunset. Jealous, that I am!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

If we plan to visit bruano first, So line 12, what line and direction do I go on for murano?

Which island is most pretty to see at sunset?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,620 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

Back to Murano you catch 12, the boats do have the destination on them , the stop will clearly tell you which direction,

Vancouver
Level Contributor
175 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

Thanks Sophie!

CA
Level Contributor
96 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Murano/Burano Vaporetto?

Hello,

I am actually responding to one of your posts (can't find it this morning)I read yesterday in response to a question about a couple (one of them used a walking stick) and the Rialto Bridge. I have been looking at the ACTV Network Map for Vaporetto. We will be arriving at railway station. If we want to visit Rialto Bridge and have dinner at Osteria Barababao, do you recommend we get off at Rialto Mercato, or Rialto, on the 1, 2, N, or A? What I'm really not sure about is getting off on the wrong side of the canal. I don't think I'm reading the map correctly because I can't tell If I should be riding in a certain direction. Our time there is limited so the order (bridge-dinner; dinner-bridge) doesn't matter...we will follow your suggestion. I enjoy reading your wisdom-filled posts!