We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
386 reviews
Save Topic
What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

When I booked our flights on Friday the forecast was good but on some sites now it is showing as rain for mon, tue and wed. Is that what the local weather stations are saying (some sites differ)? Just need to know what to pack as we are only brining one suitcase. thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,642 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

Jean , the forecast when we were going was grim, we has 5 lovely days, except for one morning, I have learnt not to be too guided by forecast,

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

It's true weather forecasts are not reliable more than a few days in advance, but this is what they're saying:

http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Venezia

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

Hi Sophie, I know they are never 100 % but they are usually a good indicator. That weather front must have moved in pretty damned quick though - as soon as I pressed "buy" on the airline tickets. :)

Thanks for the link Zerlina - looks like half and half on that one so all is not lost.

Jean

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,143 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

another is eurometeo.it however often we just 'miss' the bad weather it seems to turn right at Padova and head south .. You never know !

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

Oh I like that idea - unless I happen to be south of Padua. ha ha.

6. Re: What are the local weather forecasts saying please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:15