We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short stay in Venice

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Short stay in Venice

We will be boarding a cruise in Venice & have a couple of days to see the sights, I imagine the "gondola cruise" would be the most popular, I would appreciate any other suggestions to make the most of our time.

KR

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short stay in Venice

Hi Kevin!

Welcome to Tripadvisor! Lucky you to be spending some time in Venice soon!

Your question is pretty broad and open-so you might not get lots of responses. Read through this section first, and then try some more specific questions about things that pique your interest....

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187870-Activiti…

-Karl

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short stay in Venice

Kevin - here is another one, but make sure you leave enough time for just strolling the calles:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i28513-Venice_T…

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,107 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short stay in Venice

A gondola ride. Yes is enjoyable, I would take your own not an organised trip, far more enjoyable.

Vaporetto No1 down the grand canal, wander get lost and you will see more than you could hope for.....

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,440 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short stay in Venice

Hire a Gondola much nicer than a Gondola cruise in a party,

Even if you are in Venice a swhort while , it is worth buying a Guide Book to read prior to going to sort out what would appeal to you, , DK Venice Top Ten is basic and compact,

5. Re: Short stay in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:16