We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Historial Regatta

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island...
Level Contributor
43 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Historial Regatta

Hi,

Coincidentally my friend and I have planned our stop in Venice from Sept 1-2, and the 2nd just happens to be the day of the Historical Regatta. We hare already booked our hotel (thank god). The Regatta looks really cool and interesting to watch and if we were in Venice for longer I think we might stay to watch, but we are planning on taking a train from Venice to Bologna around 3pm (we already have a Bologna hotel booked so staying another night in Venice isn't possible). After doing a bit of research it looks like most festivities don't start until around 3. Does anyone know if getting around Venice and getting to the train would be a huge issue. We are staying at the Albergo Marin, pretty close to the train station. We are hoping to do the major sites on Saturday (St. Marks sq. and basilica maybe climb the bell tower) and then do maybe some shopping/ wondering around on Sunday before our train. Does this sound do-able with the Regatta going on?

Thank for all the help :)

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Venice Historial Regatta

Meander the race is Sunday afternoon only.....i would probably reserve the train for Sunday simply as people might be returning after holidays...but I doubt It will be mega full.

texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Venice Historial Regatta

We are staying in san marco area and will needto catch a train by noon. Will the vaporettos that are not on the grand canal still run?

Since it is before regatta starts on sunday, how soon should i reserve the train?

We were planing to reserve the return train when we booked our ticket in milan on friday before regatta.

Many thanks!

Meanders

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Venice Historial Regatta

Everything will run as normal up to around 13:30 or even later the exact timetable will be shown on the actv website or the vaporetto stops a few days before. So you should be able to proceed as normal.

14. Re: Venice Historial Regatta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 12:17