We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on itinerary please - Paris to Venice .....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
581 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Thoughts on itinerary please - Paris to Venice .....

After reading a lot of tripadvisor posts, we have come up with the following plan for our trip from Paris to Venice. (Still working on thelast part of our trip on to Florence and Rome) Any thoughts on the following would be great.

Arrive Paris early June 1, 3 days in Paris, head off in car rental via Auxerre, Vezelay Avalion, Dijon and Beaune

Stay a night in Beaune.

Travel to Lake Geneva, Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux.

Not sure whether to stay overnight here or go a bit further and stay overnight on the outskirts of Milan. (or any suggestions?)

Drive on towards Venice, maybe stopping at Verona (any other suggestions for places to see on this part)and stay in Mestre (as we will have lots of luggage and a vehicle) for 2 nights. (I was going to book a hotel for June 7 and 8). I'm told you can easily get a 10 min train ride into Venice itself.

Heading off to Florence and surrounds for 2-3 nights.

Arrive in Rome early 12 June, fly out lat 14th June. I would love any further suggestions you could add. LS

New Jersey
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thoughts on itinerary please - Paris to Venice .....

Too much travelling I think....in too short a period. You'll be pooped. My suggestion...cut trip down to three cities...maybe Paris, Montreux and Venice. Then take day trips from those cities.