We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secret Itineraries Tour

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Secret Itineraries Tour

My family and I will be arriving in Venice from Paris on July 28 and leaving to Rome via train on the 30th. We wanted to do the Secret Itineraries tour on July 29 but it's sold out. They have a time slot available on July 28 at 11:35. If we arrive into Venice at 9am and take a taxi to our hotel do you think we would be able to make that time slot? They don't have anything open on the 30th either or we would take that one.

Would love to hear your thoughts

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
SUP in Venice
Historic Walking Areas, Sightseeing Tours, Water Sports, Cultural Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Vinicio Tassani Photographer
Multi-day Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Turive
Sightseeing Tours
Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

Not impossible I would have thought, however,it would depend on the train being on time, and the vicinity of your hotel with regard to the station/san marco

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,380 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

The main thing is where isw your Hotel,?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

Thanks for the quick responses. The hotel is Hotel American Dienesen I believe it's by the Accademia. We will be flying in not coming in by train.

thanks again

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

My train got to Venice from Verona at 9am. My hotel was in San Stefano by the Accademia. I was able to take the Vaporetto Line 1 to San Angello, walk to my hotel, drop off my bags, and walk to St. Mark's by 10:30am, unhurried.

Of course there could always be extraneous circumstances, but I had NO problem making it.

Tip: Go to VeniceConnected.com's virtual map that is just like Google street view and "walk" the route from your hotel to San Marco several times. I did this and it enabled me to walk straight there that morning without getting lost. (There are a lot of signs from the Accademia to St. Mark's, though)

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Vaporetto
Vaporetto
4,791 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

So if you are flying in, then getting a water taxi, as you say, the hotel is near the accademia(bout 3/4 minutes walk), then as the above poster says,plot your route out to san marco(if you do not know it), yes it can be done

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
112 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

Thanks everyone, I'm going to go ahead and book it.!

Thanks for your quick responses.

UK
Level Contributor
1,605 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

But if your flight's late?

The SI tour is good and good value for money, but it's not essential. Since you have such a short time in Venice I would suggest you give the SI tour a miss this time, and book earlier next time. Even if you make it, you will be tired after your journey and may not be capable of absorbing much of what the guide tells you.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,385 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

Secret Itineraries Tour is not mandatory. It is an o.k experience but that is about it. Enjoy your time in Venice.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
9. Re: Secret Itineraries Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:46