We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel to stay in for three girls?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel to stay in for three girls?

Hi, we are three 26-28 year old girls coming to Venice for Sept 18-19 or so. Want to stay in a reasonably priced hotel/private room hostel in an area with great nightlife/pubs but also near all the touristy stuff (train stations to all the hotspots and anything within walking distance). We will also have a car.

Also, going to Amsterdam, Paris, Prague, London - any other recs for those places with the same criteria are welcome. Thanks!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,645 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

September is a popular time in Venice, you have let it late to get to somwhere to stay, especially hostel type, best look at a site like www.venere.com see what is available with your budget,

Venice is not big so where you stay is not too important, San Marco area is most expensive, Venice is not know or nightlife, there are Bars which stay open late probably Camp Santa Margarita area , a lively as anywhere it is the University area,

A car would have to be parked up, which can be expensive, no cars in Venice as it is all Canals no Roads,

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

That's a good point - perhaps we can train to Venice then rent a car on the way out. I didn't know Venice wasn't too big so I will just look for a good deal/good ratings then, unless someone pops in with a good suggestion! I'll check that site out too, thanks!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
241 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

I'm 29 and went to Venice alone this April. I stayed at Locanda Fiorita. Not sure the prices for triples (singles are always much cheaper), but it was lovely. Sophie is, of course, right that it doesn't really matter where you stay. I walked around at all hours and felt safe, and I don't think it was out of ignorance.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,642 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

Venice is not noted for "great nightlife" though there are a few cafes which stay open as late as 2 am

Fortunately Venice is a very safe city and I have no qualms about walking, with or without my wife, anywhere in the city at any time of the day or night. So as far as secutiry is concerned it does not matter where in Vencie you choose to stay but September will already be fairly fully booked. I book my next visit in early October welll before Easter to nbe certain of getting the room I wanted in the Hotel I wanted on a side canal. So book quickly and prepared to hjave to search around for vacancies whether you want 3 separate rooms or a 3 bed room.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,525 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

Yes, take the train to Venice but you don't say from where you are coming?

If you don't find something within your budget in Venice - which is a possibility - you can also check www.venere.com for something in Mestre which is a brief train ride from Venice. No - it's not the same as staying right in Venice, but you may find something affordable.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

We will be coming from Prague - MIGHT do a stopover in Vienna but unsure yet! I'm checking out www.venere.com now. It's hard to book hotels for us since we are traveling around freely and unsure if we will like a certain city more and want to stay an extra day and push out another city, etc. I think we have a set plan now that we are going to follow, so I'd rather just book hotels now and follow it!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,135 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

If you can't find anything in Venice I would go for the Lido over Mestre, a short vaporetto ride over to San Marco, a lovely boat trip, and cheaper hotels too, I've stayed here 3 times now, also a nice beach to chill out on

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187870-d2027…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

Found this one that includes free parking (then we can have a car!) and free wifi (the two girls I'll be with will need to work a bit on this trip). Look ok? Going to do some searches for reviews now. $147 total for two nights

expedia.com/…

@jessybobs I will check out that place too!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
32 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

I booked the Hotel Ducale for $190 total... had a 10% off coupon with Expedia! Almost hit submit with venere.com but checked out Expedia since I get points with them. This hotel provides free breakfast, free parking, and free wifi. I guess there's a bus station right out front and a 20 min ride to the city!

Thanks for all your help guys, as dumb as this sounds, I wasn't aware that Venice was off the mainland a little, as I just was looking at the city from a zoomed out map the whole time while planning.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel to stay in for three girls?

As mentioned, don't get your hopes up for nightlife. There are pockets here and there, for example the area where they set up the fish market in the morning, near the Rialto Bridge, and around Piazza San Marco. But the city itself pretty much shuts down after about 9 pm. Plus you'll have to be thinking about how/when to get back to your hotel in Mestre on the mainland.

But it is a really beautiful city. I hope you three have a great time.