We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which private water taxi best?

Niles, Illinois
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Which private water taxi best?

While I know prices are the same (set by govt.), I am confused as to which private water taxi to take from Marco Polo airport to our hotel (there are four of us). Some sites advise to book ahead while others say there is no need to. Also, I am especially interested in knowing which of them provides the best & most reputable service. Once again, thanks for your help!

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which private water taxi best?

The biggest consortium of water taxis is this one http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/, can book on-line or just pay when you get there.

For a bit of a discount you can use Venice Link, this has to be pre-booked to get the better fare. Venice Link is part of the Alilaguna company. I have purchased and used Venice Link for a private water taxi to my hotel.

www.venicelink.com/index.php?lang=english

Current prices are €100 (on-line price, I have seen it for €110 elsewhere) for Consorzio Motoscafi Venezi

and €95 if you pre-book through Venice Link.

They are both reliable and reputable

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which private water taxi best?

Motoscafivenizia are the main Company , with a desk in the Arrivals Hall, the going rate now is €110 depending a little where you stay, would think the most reliable , you can arrange on arrival ,

3. Re: Which private water taxi best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 21:15