We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

I read some older posts and blogs about how the check-in lines are long and very slow because Marco Polo airport is understaffed and because of constructio. -- and this being particularly true during peak times such on Fridays and Saturdays. Some people wote that it took them 3 hours to get through the lines.

We have a flight out of Venice at 9 am on a Saturday in September. Since the posts I read are from last year, I am wondering if this is still the case. Thank you for any information you can give me.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,243 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

Really never that bad,

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

It isn't a regular thing but at times they are bad. The security I think is the longest but never 3 hours. Also they open a check in desk 1/5-2 hrs before a flight so queuing for 3 hrs is a bit hard. The USA flights have increased security and can be a bit longer . Just aim to get to teh airport in decent time and you should be fine.

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

And note that not everyone joins the line at the end. When in Rome, etc...

Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

Thank you all for your good information. I feel a bit more relaxed now about when to arrive at the airport!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

Just returned on Friday through Marco Polo and although security was busy the lines went down pretty fast.I thought they had a good system going through.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
638 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

It was busy but not bad, although we were in Lufthansa business class so we had a short line and priority security line as well.

Virginia
Level Contributor
33 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

Thanks for the updates!

8. Re: Long lines at Marco Polo Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:17