Hi, I have read thru all the posts regarding getting to the airport early, but I am hoping someone can confirm my understanding is correct. :)
I have a 9:35 am flight out of the Marco Polo airport, so originally I was planning on catching the 7:03 am Alilaguna public ferry which arrives at the airport at 8 am.
However, people have pointed out that a seat on the ferry is not guaranteed, and that taking a vaporetto to P. Rome then catching a bus to the airport would be faster/guaranteed.
1. Is the vaporetto an ACTV line (#1 or #2), and which would be recommended for me to catch to go from Rialto to P. Rome as quickly as possible? I see the timetables which show service from P. Rome to Rialto, but not from Rialto to P. Rome (not sure how to read timetables)
2. Which bus company would i use to go from P. Rome to the airport the quickest, ACTV or ATVO, and which bus number is best?
3. For early Oct, should I chance the Alilaguna ferry or is the possibility of not getting a seat high enough to go vaporetto+bus?
4. If I book a shared water bus (Airport Link from Rialto to airport), would this be best in terms of getting a guaranteed seat AND getting to the airport fastest?
5. What time do I need to be at the airport for an 9:35 am flight? I read some answers saying 2 hours in advance, others saying 45 mins in advance is fine. I read that if I take water transportation, it's a 10 min walk from the dock to the airport checkin area, whereas the bus drops you off right at the terminal.
Thanks so much for your clarification, I just got a little confused reading through various posts on this subject! =)