We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

Has anyone recently rented with Truly Venice? We are looking at the Giorgione Premium that over looks the rio d. Albero. Also wondering if this area is too touristy? Want to be able to eat at cafes or bars mainly. But we do not mind being in the middle of everything. Just want to be able to eat at reasonable priced places. Do not want the resturants that are very expensive.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

Trulr Venice are very well spoken of, this apartment is in a very touristy part of Venice, to be honest not the best area for good value Restaurants,

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

I thought so. My other option with Truely venice is Rivo Alto. We have a party of 7. This apartment is on the Grand Canal just south of Rialto Bridge on San Marco side. You can see the bridge from the apartment. What do you think? thanks for you help!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,499 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

Neither the immediate area around Piazza San Marco nor around the Rialto are good for non-touristy eating or drinking. However those pesky tourists get everywhere so it is difficult to find anywhere guaranteed non-touristy.

Your best chance is in residential areas - for instance in the eatsern end of Castello, much of Cannaregio (away from the Lista di Spagna - Strada Nova length of street) or the other side of the Grand Canal in Santa Croce, San Polo or Dorsoduro.

Fortunately all areas of Venice are very safe so no problems walking anywhere day or night.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,120 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

That would be be better regarding places to eat , still a busy area, and love 6 minutes to Piazza San Marco !!!!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

We just got back from our trip--we used Truly Venice in the San Marco area. We had the Valentino and Diamante, I believe. The apartment was between San Moise church and La Fenice. Lovely apartments, but very small. No problems with anything. We found a couple of restaurants that we really liked; we actually ate at one twice (of course can't recall the name now--have the receipt in my stuff) that was nearby. Pretty touristy around there, but from what we saw of Venice, most of it is. We were SO close to San Marco, which was nice for evening strolls.

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

Thanks to Romagnome! Feeling better about Truly Venice. Would love to know where you had your dinners/lunches. We plan to be walking everywhere! That apartment is just a little more north of where we may stay..

San Juan Islands...
Level Contributor
14 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

We have used Truly-Venice twice, both times for the same apartment next to the Frari Church. Both times were the same: great service, just what you want as a tourist as far as all sorts of help, decent price, Daniela is a real pro. Can trust them 100%. The Frari apt is perfect as I spelled out elsewhere: the best celato place in all of Venice is just outside the door with what has to be best pizza by the slice I've ever eaten adjoining it. Across a bridge and about 100 yards away is a very very good restuarant as well as a supermarket a few doors down from that. The vapaoretto stop is a short walk away, no huge crowds, this spot is just right. We'll go back again.

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

Thanks !! We are getting very excited about our visit there. Already booked the water taxi through them to pick us up at the airport!

San Juan Islands...
Level Contributor
14 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

We used to live in New Orleans - where did you end up staying? Anything I can help you with? First time to Venice. Read my reviews first, you'll see what I like and my experiences.

Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: apartment rentals with Truly Venice- san marco

We have 7 of us total. So we needed a big apartment or 2 together. We are going to rent Giorgione Premium with Truly Venice. It is in san marco area but wanted to be close to sites for my parents that are coming with us. This apartment is 2 in one. I am from New Orleans, grew up there and went to school. Live arcoss the lake from there now since we have kids and stuff. I will read your other comments too!