We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

Tadworth, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

Can anyone advise whether there are any disadvantages or particular advantages to pre-booking and pre-paying the private water taxi into St Marks Square. We arrive about 8pm at night.

If we have pre-paid and find another couple to share with us to reduce the cost, can we do this without paying extra?

Does pre-booking mean we won't have to wait, or do we still stand in line?

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

It is a personal thing whether you pre book or not, if you pre book no reason to think you will have to share , if yo do want to pre book this is the site

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,727 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

I have always booked on arrival at the Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia desk in trhe Arrivals Hall at Marco Polo. The price is for the whole launch for the particular journey you require to your Hotel - if you know another couple going to the same Hotel then then you are in the same party and that is fine. But if the other couple wish to travel to a different destination someone will have to pay the extra cost

I have never had to wait in lline, there has always been a launch waiting at the landing stage for me by the time I have travelled the c.500 metres from the Arrivals Hall down the marked path to the landing stage.

Edited: 25 October 2012, 17:53
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,365 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

Prebooking a return online will give you a saving on the rate paid on the day. At 8 pm I would be inclined to book for peace of mind.

Tadworth, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

Thankyou for your worthwhile advice

Franklin...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

If you have pre-booked a private water taxi through the Consorzio Motoscafi website rather than booking on arrival at Marco Polo, how much time did you give yourself from when your flight landed to the actual time for pickup on the form?

Maybe I am overthinking it, but I don't want to put down a time too close to when we land, in case there is a delay with getting luggage and making our way out to the water taxi queue, in case they leave or charge us a waiting fee (do they do that?)

Any thoughts would be appreciated - my fiance and I will be landing in Venice for the start of our honeymoon, and I am booking all our stuff rather than using a travel agent.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,365 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

If your flight is delayed they will not charge you. So put your flught number and time down. Then the staff at the airport check the flights and the bookings. They also allow for luggage collection. Also consider veneziataxi.com who also have a desk at the airport.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
426 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

It was cheaper to prebook. I paid 180€ roundtrip prebooking, I have seen 110€ each way once you arrive. Just put in your flight info if it arrives late no problem.

8. Re: Pre-booking Private Water Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 05:15