We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnivale 2013

west midlands
Level Contributor
206 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Carnivale 2013

Hi we have booked our second trip to venice for 26th january 2013. I understand that a couple of carnivale events are happening on 26th and 27th. Could anyone tell me what they are and whether tickets need to be booked etc... also as this is our second trip we would appreciate suggestions on what is particularly magical to see and do in January.

many thanks

Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade with...
587 Reviews
from US$108.80*
Venice Grand Canal 1-Hour Boat Tour
662 Reviews
from US$60.00*
Classic 30-Minute Gondola Ride
23 Reviews
from US$38.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade
2,305 Reviews
from US$51.30*
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,038 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carnivale 2013

The Carnivale proper starts on February 2nd, but I believe there is a pre Carnivale in Cannaregio the week before, I think you may find more on google

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carnivale 2013

Hi I have read the following will happen on the 26th and 27th

Canal Grande e Sestiere di Cannaregio

This is the typical feast for venetians and for all the guests interested in local traditions. The feast redoubles:

On Saturday 26/1 a big night show and a mask parade will announce to the city the arrival of the Carnival.

On Sunday 27/1 the water parade will sail along the Canal Grande to the folkloristic district of Cannaregio, where the audience will watch these unique boats and where the eno-gastronomic stalls, with the traditional carnival delicacies, will offer venetian food specialities.

west midlands
Level Contributor
206 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carnivale 2013

Thanks sounds great!

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carnivale 2013

We were in Italy pre-Carnevale in 2011 and did check out the activities in Cannaregio. They were giving out food and wine samples. A bit hectic and crowded but fun, mainly because it was sunny day. There was also live music.

The boat parade provided some great photo opportunities, all the different rowing groups dressed up rowing down the Grand Canale.

all free!

5. Re: Carnivale 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:16