1. Arrive in Rome, check into motel, Find local bakery to have breakfast, walk to Borghese gallery (so we know the route for our reservation the next morning), which is supposed to be 20-25 minutes walk. If i have time (i don't sleep well) I might try out the walk from the Borghese to the Vatican Museums (which we have a tour scheduled the next day after the Borghese). Go to bed
2. Borghese at 9am, Vatican Tour at 1:30, then after if there is time Maybe walk to the centro storico for a while then catch bus home.
3. Coliseum Underground tour at 9;40, then Forum/Palitino, and if enough time Capitoline Museums.
4. Panthion area for the day. explore Churches, Piazza's, and just kinda walk around the old part of town.
5. Day trip to Pompeii (from the train schedule it seem's like if we don't mind leaving really early that we can get to the site about 9:30 am), and hope to be able to see the site and the Museum/have pizza, then take a late 10Pm? train back to Rome.
6. Palazzo Valentini Domus Romani tour at 1:30, fill the rest of the day with things we think we might have missed so far.
7. St. Peters Scavi tour at 1:30pm. So will either go to the Vatican early and leave after the scavi tour (again to catch up on things we have either heard about while there or missed that we had wanted to see), or do the catch up in the morning and the Vatican after the scavi tour. (this is on a Monday so alot of Museums will be closed so we will use this time to see Major churches/walk around)
8. Appia Antica way early (see the baths/catacombs/other sites along the road), if there is any time after that then one last chance to catch up on things.
While doing this we will be doing the 2-3 hour walks that Lonely planet has in there books in each area (which will end up covering most of the Churches we wanted to see, and take us past a few of the museums).
9. Pisa, and Florence Duomo (we are going through Pisa from Rome, and have Scheduled a Tower climb at 11am. and plan to be in Florence by 2-3pm. (we will be back to see the Duomo another day as well).
10. Ufizzi, walk around the City center (Churches, and maybe another museum), try to get out to Piazza Michelangelo in the evening.
11. David, more walk around the city. back to the Duomo.
12. Siena (again done like the Pompeii trip, leave as early as possible and come back on one of the last if not the last bus.
Day 13 is up in the air, we can either leave for Venice very early or very late, depending on if we think we are done with Florence yet.
14. St. Marks, walk around the town. Try to see at least one major Museum, and another major Church. Rest of time just wonder. (this is again a Monday so might have to skip the Museum that day.
15. If we came to Venice early on day 13 we might go to Verona, or Dolomite's on this day (hell might even do it anyway depending on how the first day in Venice goes). If not Then more walking around Venice, again trying to see at least one major Museum and a couple of Churches.
16. Secret Itinerary Tour (will schedule tomorrow) and spend the rest of that day catching up on missed stuff/wandering, enjoying our last night in Italy.
17. Quick stroll around town (get up way early to have as much time as possible) fly back to the states at 12:40 pm.
The flights/motels are already booked, along with anything that I listed a time for.
Pretty much just checking to make sure that I didn't make a glaring mistake. For Rome we will use the Roma card and have it planed out so we can see the 4 most expensive things on it for our 4 free places and then see a couple more sites on the card on our walking around time, which will easly pay for it.
We leave on Monday and have never done anything like this before. So any info you might have would be great.
I posted this in all 3 forums because I couldn't manage to get it to post in the Italy section.