We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights Milan to Venice???

Sydney
2 posts
Save Topic
Flights Milan to Venice???

Hi,

I need to travel from Milan to Venice in April 2013 & would rather fly. Does anyone know if there are direct flights from Milan (any) to Venice (Treviso)? I can't seem to find any.

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ken

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

No, there are no flights.

Who would even think of providing flights when a train does the journey in 2.5 hours for €36 (or €9 if you buy early)?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

And, you don't have to waste 1.5 hours waiting at the airport before a flight on both ends - if such a thing existed.

It's fast and a lot more comfortable than any plane.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,482 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

Treviso is further away than Marco Polo airport from Venice.

There are flights to VCE, via Rome, Catania, probably Frankfurt, but not direct and well over €150.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

There used to be but then they improved the train service!!!!!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,241 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

Why do you want to fly instead of taking the train? It makes no sense.

Sydney
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

Many thanks to everyone who replied.

I fly into Milan & out of Venice Treviso. I'm not planning to actually visit Venice, so was hoping to fly to Treviso & have my luggage checked all-the-way. Guess I'll will have to fly via Rome.

Thank you.

Ken

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

Have you already bought your ticket? If so, I imagine it would be hard to have your luggage checked through. In fact, I don't see any flights Rome>Treviso. Or maybe I'm just not following what you're trying to do.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,322 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

Whatever you are doing, it makes no sense to fly Milan-Treviso. There are no flights from Rome to Treviso, and most flights to Treviso from other destinations are by airlines which do not allow through-ticketing on multiple-leg flights. Any two leg flight will take longer, cost more and be more hassle than taking the train.

By train, you go from Milano Centrale to Venezia Mestre station in typically two hours 23 minutes, then take the airport bus to Treviso atvo.it/images_doc/linee/Venezia_-_Aeroporto…

If landing at Milan Bergamo rather than Milan Malpensa or Milan Linate, take bus to Brescia then train.

Sydney, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

I keep seeing the messages about €9 tickets. i looked at several train services and i cant find tickets that cheap. the cheapest i have seen is $29 - can you please tell me if i should check out other train services? thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights Milan to Venice???

The €9 tickets are available when tickets go on sale 4 months before travel. They often sell out quickly, and the price then goes up to €19, then €29, and so on until all the discounted tickets are sold.