We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near the canal

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near the canal

Hi Everyone,

Was hoping to go to Venice in a few months for my boyfriends birthday. Does anyone know of any good hotels which look on/ are on the canal, without the huge price tag?

Many thanks for the advice.

Lexie

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near the canal

Look at the Forscari Palace, opposite Rialto on the Grand Canal,

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
6,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near the canal

This place is on the Grand Canal, and is a bit less grand and pricy than most Grand Canal hotels. http://locandasturion.com/ We've stayed there, and it's good, but there are very few rooms with a canal view, and of course they charge more for those :-)

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,467 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near the canal

If you mean the Grand Canal then rooms with a Grand Canal view generally have a substantial premium. Beware that most hotels located on the Grand Canal only have a few of their rooms with canal views.

I have stayed ina couple of these hotels - the Gritti Palace and the San Cassiano and found the views of the Grand canal all very well buit rather noisy at night

There are many Hotels with frontage onto other canals such as La Calcina which has views across the Giudecca Canal, by far the largest canal in Venice and one which carries all the large cruise liners up to Stazione Marittima. If you prefer a smaller canal I have stayed in the Accademia - vVilla Maravege which has charming location at rthe junction of two canals and also at the American-Dinesen which fronts on to the Rio San Vio so that the bedrooms at the front have side views along the San Vio to the Grand Canal.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,015 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near the canal

Principe, Rialto, Marconi, st Angelo, ca Nigra, however you say a few months prices tend to dip after Easter and then start to climb again in May...

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels near the canal

Although I didn't stay in one of the rooms with a view of the Grand Canal, I can recommend Ca Angeli, a small B&B in the San Polo area - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d481595…

They are located right on the Grand Canal and the breakfast room has an incredible view of the Grand Canal. They only have a few rooms and book up quickly.

Edited: 07 January 2013, 22:03
Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
33 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels near the canal

Hi everyone,

I was actually going to post the same question and found the hotels listed below. Any thoughts on these for Lexie and for myself? Thanks in advance.

Hotel Canal Grande

Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli

Hotel Antiche Figure

ny
Level Contributor
637 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels near the canal

I also stayed at Ca Angeli and loved it! See my review!

8. Re: Hotels near the canal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2014, 06:19