We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Venice

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
555 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Venice

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants for dinner in Venice? We will be staying in the Cannaregio area (near the train station) & would like typical but reasonable air-conditioned or outdoor restaurants. We'll be there for 5 nights in July. Grazie!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
558 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Venice

Other people may add their favorites to this, but, may I suggest using the Search right above your post? This has been covered many times and you can get quite a list that way.

Good luck.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,743 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Venice

Right. Robert's famous restaurant list has been posted about one thousand times.

I'll add two that I like in Cannaregio (and I believe are not on that list): L'Anice Stellato and Da Rioba. Do a google search, there are reviews for both on the web.

rome
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Venice

My advise is that you have a look around when you arrive in Venice as eating out is a very personal thing. At least this way you can see the restaurant first hand and then decide if it fits your taste as far as location, style, menu, budget etc goes.

Too many choices only leads to confussion at least that is my opinion. I don't think you will find a lack of restaurants in Venice to fit your requirements.

Most places will have outdoor facilities in July.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,476 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Venice

I just came back frm V enice Two days ago, our favourite Osteria in Cannaregio is Al canottier iFondamenta Gobbe, the cannaregio Canal, never fails to give good value and service, think its closed Sundays,

Another in Cannaregio is the Osteria of the Mariner,( beware big portions) this is on the Fordamenta Degli Ormesini near the Ghetto.

UK
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Venice

I always stay in the Cannaregio area and my favourite restaurants (reasonable prices, great local cuisine, lots of Venetian diners) are:

Da Beppi, Salizzada D. Pistor

Trattoria Tre Spiedi, Salizzada San Canciano

Trattoria all'Antica Mola, Fondamenta degli Ormesini

Osteria Il Milion, Corte al Milion