We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

Just thought I would share. I ended up booking the Doges Secret Itinerary Tour for mid June, 2013 and have received the voucher from Tickitaly- It may have been a bit more to book through them, but web site was very easy to use. I was going to use the viva site, but it wanted so much info and admittedly I was lazy and didn't want to be bothered. Any way for those using this site, just make sure that you have the actual voucher with you and show up 30-45 minutes before tour starts to make the exchange for the tickets at "group" station by the Palace.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,842 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

But Viva ticket is the official booking site,

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

In regards to above--I was going to book origionally on Viva, but as I said, it was just too busy a site for me to be bothered with. Tickitaly was very easy--

that is why I mentioned it--in case anyone else is like me! Also to let people know on this site that this tour can now be booked on either site.

Rocky Mount, North...
Level Contributor
92 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

We'll be in Venice in June. Can you please elaborate on this tour. Do you know if it is appropriate for kids (daughters 7&9)? Thanks for sharing your experience with this ticket distributor.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

Hi- I don't know if kids would really get any thing from doing the secret itinerary tour, but adults find it interesting. Personally if I were exploring the Doge Palace with elementary kids (former teacher) I would just go from room to room---on our own, unless they have patience to be on a regular guided tour. But others who have done this with young children, may have had a positive experience on this tour. Hopefully they will post their opinions based on actually taking this tour with young kids.

By the way, I just booked the clock tower tour. I decided to try to use the viva site. After having to fill in a bunch of info, I did get the vouchers. But, I should have stuck with my instincts- Where it says how to get the actual tickets, instead of English, it was written in Italian. So I just emailed them to please send me the information in English. Very annoying. I'm glad I paid a few dollars extra to just use tickitaly when booking Doge tour.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
635 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

I used google translate- the message from Viva just states to pick up tickets 1 hour earlier- Just odd that on the "English" booking site the directions for ticket pick up would be in Italian.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

I have been trying to use the vivaticket site to do the secret tour in French as English one is full. I have very basic school french... do you think it will be worth it?

7. Re: Just received voucher for June Doges Secret It- tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 11:18