We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dont eat seafood- help

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Dont eat seafood- help

My husband is a picky eatter and does not eat ANY seafood at all. Will he have a hard time finding places to eat? Are there many restaurants that offer dishes that dont have seafood in them?

Boston...
Level Contributor
228 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

Same boat here.....I am dreading the restaurants in Venice for the same reason....while I will eat anything, my wife hates seafood.

I have searched the restaurant listings, and aside from a couple of pizza places....

That was the primary reason for my booking the Hilton....I assume they will have a traditional restaurant.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,956 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

No problem at all. I don't hate seafood, but I can take it or leave it, and I have never had any problem finding non seafood dishes in Venice. It is in fact my preference not to have seafood.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

Your husband will not have a problem. My husband does not do any type of seafood either. Most, if not all, restaurants will have plenty to offer in terms of non-seafood. Sure hope yours likes liver, since this is one of Venetian specialties and that is what my husband lived on for a week! [That and cholesterol pills :) ]

If you click on my name, there should be a number of restaurant reviews from December 2011 where husband dined and was happy. :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

I didn't eat any seafood at all during my trip there last March and had absolutely no trouble finding places with more than enough non-seafood choices; in fact, didn't even notice the seafood choices because I wasn't looking for them. No need for any worries.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

It is good to hear there are choices for him to eat. I would hate to listen to him complain he is starving the whole trip.

UK
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

Do you really think that restaurants would survive if they only offered seafood? Did you ever hear of lasagne made with seafood or spaghetti bolognese made with seafood?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

Try "La Bitte"

, Calle Lunga San Barnaba, Dorsoduro.

They proudly state on their menu "No Fish".

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,625 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

I love seafood but my wife doesn't. Did not have any problem at all.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

You will find most restaurants in Venice serve meals other than seafood. It won't be a problem at all. There are plenty of meat dishes (and not just offal like one of the posts above seemed to suggest - sorry,but I don't believe that comment was necessary). Also pizza places and pasta restaurants, including many selling gluten free pasta if you need to do that.

Happy travels.

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
937 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dont eat seafood- help

Make a reservation for one night at La Zucca. Lots of choices without seafood. Mushroom risotto. Duck. Vegetable souffles. Pasta. Delish!