We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giudecca Island hotel question

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
567 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Giudecca Island hotel question

I am looking for a decent hotel in Venice for 3 nights during the Festa del Redentore weekend so hotel prices are very high. I found a good deal for a 5 stars hotel in the Giudecca Island at a very good rate but the hotel name won't be revealed until I booked and it has a note that this hotel charges a resort fee of $15 per night per room. Anyone know any 5 stars hotel in the Giudecca Island that charges a resort fee? I am trying to decide if I should take this deal! Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,763 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

Google hotels there - I just did - this one seems like it could be the sort of place for such a charge but who knows? There may be others. Hopefully, someone who knows for certain will drop into the forum:

hotelcipriani.com/web/ocip/hotel_cipriani.jsp

You might send a private message to anyone who has stayed there recently and reviewed it here on TA, and ask them if they were charged this fee.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

I think there are only three 5-star hotels on Giudecca (www.giudeccavenezia.com/accommodation.html), which are the Cipriani, Bauer Palladio Hotel and Spa and the Hilton Molino Stucky - the first 2 don't seem to mention this while the 3rd explicitly claims "no resort fee": hotelmode.com/hilton_molino_stucky.html (although I don't know whether this also applies to the associated Residenza Grandi Vedute: http://www.veniceresidence.it/en/apartments.asp).

However it's possible that prices shown on these hotels' websites are all-inclusive, while "resort fee" applies as a separate charge when booked through this mystery site. Or it could be that it only applies at certain times of year and my random searches didn't show it.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
567 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

Thank you all! I guess I can't go wrong with any 5-star hotel on Giudecca :)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
567 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

Ok booked, it's the Hilton Molino Stucky! Anyone who stayed in this hotel can give me some tips? I'll read all the reviews about it in TA as well. Thanks!!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
167 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

This Hilton has it's own Vaporetto for use to take you around Venice. Also they will arrange a private boat to take you to the islands where the Murano Glass factories are located. If you follow Chichuly; his work is displayed at the Bellagio in Las Vegas .I bring this up because they will take you to a glass factory called the Signoretti where Chichuly worked on many pieces. If you stay at Hilton and have Gold or Diamond status the executive lounge is very nice at the Molino Stucky. Oh, remember to take some left over bread with you for when you travel to St. Marks Square. One of the must do's is to get a photo feeding the pigeons in St. Marks Square. Depending on the time of year, Venice can flood; so be prepared. The flooding usually occurs in October /November timeframe. By the way,

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

I believe it is illegal to feed the pigeons in St Marks so don't bother ....

they have a great rooftop pool with a view of Venice to die for and I believe the bar is one floor down also with a great view of Venice...

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

The Hilton does not have its own vaporetto ..It has its own boat which does a shuttle service to and from the zattere . The trip to Murano is a good way to get there but it is a selling trip . So enjoy the demonstration and don't buy unless you like what you see then enjoy Murano.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
567 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

Thank you! Do you think it would be possible to see the fireworks during the the Festa del Redentore at the rooftop?? Or I would be better off to squeeze in with people in St. Mark's square?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

Fantastic view from there I would have thought. The Hilton is bound to put on a party of some kind. However there is also a great atmosphere along the Giudecca with a street party so you can always wander down there. i would not evne think about going to san marco to be honest.

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Giudecca Island hotel question

Great hotel and Skyline Bar. The bar is on the same rooftop level as the pool and has a spectacular view of the fireworks. However you will have to buy the Redentore dinner or buffet package to view the fireworks from there. The latter used to be quite reasonable but was expensive last year. The events sell out well in advance too.

No need to squeeze into St Mark;s Square. Just wander down towards Redentore and you will have a fine view from anywhere on Guidecca. If you do go to San Marco be aware the votive bridge can become a bottleneck after the fireworks have finished and there will be no vaporetti. I imagine the Hilton shuttle will run between the hotel and Zattere but nor to San Marco.

Edited: 21 March 2013, 21:33