We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

I have been on http://maps.veniceconnected.it/en this website and have seen the H on H off Vaporette pass. We will be in Venice for a day, if we buy on line this pass is for 24hrs and as we are senior's we only pay 15 euros. Has anyone used this Vaporetto service, its seems that the stops are nearer the tourist sites. We were going to buy the 12hrs pass but this seems to be better for us as they have a commentary and lightly cheaper.

Any feed back would greatly appreciated.

regards PD

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,411 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

The VdA runs once every 40 minutes rather than once every 10, so it is not necessarily a substitute for the standard Tourist Travel Card, also as it doesn't hit all the same stops either.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

Thanks for your response, it looks as if it would be more convenient for us to use the Tourist Travel card with the Vaporetta being more regularly.

regards

PD

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,836 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

I would think so,

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

Where does it say there is a discount for seniors on vaporetta passes? Is senior 65 and over?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

No senior discount that I can see: vaporettoarte.com/index.php/en/prices-and-ti…

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

We are in Venice right now and are very happy we bought the dell arte - 10 euro extra with the travel card. The vaporettos are extremely full and it was a pleasure to be in an empty dell art boat with lovely comfortable seats. Also no queues. When we did have to get a vaporetto we waited for ages, and then were packed like sardines.

Budapest
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

I agree with the comment above. I just arrived yesterday and was glad not to have to be cramped. It is worth the extra 10 euro to me. I added the arte pass to my week vaporetto pass.

knoxville tennessee
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

So, if you add the dell Arte to a regular vaporetto pass for 10 euros, can you use both the vaporetto dell arte and the regular vaporetto?

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

Yes, peacemom. If you add the Art Vap at the same time you buy your regular vaporetto pass it costs 10 euro more. If you pay for 3 days, you have both for 3 days for 10 euro more. If you pay for a week, you have both for a week for 10 euro more. If you add the Art Vap later, it costs more.

10. Re: Vaporetto dell’Arte travel passes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:24