We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

Dublin
4 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

Hi,

We are going to Venice to celebrate our first Anniversary next weekend. This is our first time to venice.

We would like to reserve a nice romantic restaurant for dinner, something on the canal would be nice so that we could have a predrink outside first. Not too sure what the weather will be like but hopeully outdoor dining may be an option. I am thinking €200 max for dinner incl wine, prefaberaly the €150mark.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks Very much :-)

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,659 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

Well LOL, I cannot think of a lagoon front restaurant which serves a memorable meal. I think it is either the setting or the quality of your food, but not both, but I could be wrong. This does not mean that you could not stop for a glass of celebratory Prosecco at one of the waterfront establishments, but reserve your dinner elsewhere. I think you would enjoy a romantic, cozy meal at Al Paradiso on Calle del Paradiso in San Polo. If you want to have a wider fish variety, then take a look at Trattoria Antiche Carampane also in San Polo. Where are you staying, BTW?

And - Happy Anniversary!! What a wonderful place to celebrate!

Mentioned in this post
Al Paradiso
Al Paradiso
703 Reviews
Venice, Italy
San Polo
San Polo
176 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Antiche Carampane
Antiche Carampane
1,286 Reviews
Venice, Italy
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,724 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

Ihis Restaurant is not on the Lagoon, but a nice Piazza, may not be quite warm enough to eat out

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g187870-…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
41 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

I agree with the previous poster. While you may have lovely views, it is less likely you will have lovely food at a restaurant on the canal. Too touristy. There is unfortunately a lot of bad food in Venice. We had a fabulous dinner at Ristorante a Beccafico (http://www.abeccafico.com/), on a pretty little square, that would be perfect for a special dinner. I recently released a post on Venice on my blog (link below) if you want any more information for places to visit while in Venice.

Happy Anniversary!

Katherine

…blogspot.com/2013/04/venice-beyond-st-marks…

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

Have dined at both a Beccafico (San Marco area) and Al Paradiso (San Polo area) and had excellent meals at both. A Beccafico is a little more contemporary both in cuisine and decor while Al Paradiso is more traditional Italian. Antiche Carampane is also more traditional and excellent for their seafood. I would highly recommend them all however none are on a canal.

Mentioned in this post
Al Paradiso
Al Paradiso
703 Reviews
Venice, Italy
San Polo
San Polo
176 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Antiche Carampane
Antiche Carampane
1,286 Reviews
Venice, Italy
5. Re: Romantic Dinner- First Anniversary - April 20th 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 06:19