We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer time at Piazzale Roma

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
transfer time at Piazzale Roma

Is 4min enough time to get off the vaporetto at dock A and catch the bus 5 to the airport? I am staying in between San Zaccaria and Arsenale and trying to reach the airport by 7am. The 4.2 leaves at 6:13am and arrives at P. Roma at 6:36am. Bus 5 is at 6:40am or we could take the 6:50am ATVO bus that would arrive at 7:10am

We are taking an 8am domestic flight to Rome. Should I plan to arrive earlier than 7?

Thank you.

United States
Level Contributor
9,776 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

If you are flying Easyjet, be aware of their gate closing times and check in online beforehand. We almost missed our flights because of the delay at the checkin desk. When you checkin online, you can just drop your bags and head for security. I would give myself at least 90 minutes.

TAB

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,540 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

You could do it but 4 minutes is cutting it fine, Vaporetti do usually keep good time,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,790 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

I think 4 minutes will be a bit hectic to find your No 5 to the airport so a risk if you have a tight check in schedule

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,415 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

I wouldaim to get there earlier ..all you need is a traffic jam and you miss your flight. Even though it is domestic.

From dock A go right as you get off the vap then left under the people mover and that will bring you into Piazzale Roma.

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,810 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

Rosa is correct that the 4.2 stops under the people mover track, but even so, 4 minutes would be cutting it tight I think. Also it is not boarding area A, which is on the "corner" by the Coop, and currently used by the n°1 line, but boarding dock G on Fondamenta .Sant'Andrea. The map at actv.it/sites/…20chiara_DEF.pdf describes it, but the map is not really very accurate in its proportions and distances.

I also would arrive earlier to Marco Polo airport to begin with.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

Thank you for your replies. I've had to change our flight to an earlier one. With the new plan, we'll have 10 min at P. Roma to change to the ATVO bus. We now plan to arrive at 5:20am for a 6:25am flight. I think even if we are delayed on our way to P. Roma, we can still make it to the airport on time by taking a taxi.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

An hour+ shoud be fine. It's a small airport...We just did it easily today with an hour's arrival.

Middletown, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

To save yourself a little time at the bus, you could buy your tickets early perhaps. It doesn't take too long but when cutting it that close, a little advance planning will help.

9. Re: transfer time at Piazzale Roma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:18