We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
895 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

We'll be in venice in the middle of May. What are the best high end restaurants near the Bauer Palladio Hotel within walking distance. We'd prefer nice italian food, not pizza, thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

There are very few Restaurants on the Giudecca, there is the Altanella which has mixed reviews, you may do better to get a Vaporetto across the Giudecca Canal to the Zattere, some nice Restaurants there,

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
895 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

How much is a vaparetto? Is that the ferry boat? Is there a schedule on line or does it run at particular times?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,446 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

Vaporetti are the Buses of Venice €7, but also worth getting a pass, especially if staying on the Guidecca

See Transport and other passes top right,

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

The highest Michelin award is three stars, not four, and Venice only boasts single-star establishments which are Quadri in Piazza San Marco, da Fiore in San Polo and Venissa on nearby Mazzorbo.

Unstarred but well regarded are Harry's Bar and the Danieli. I can recommend the former from personal experience.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 21:58
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
895 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

I've been to Harry's bar for a drink. I found their prices over the top, how about Danielli? Where is it located and what kind of menu do they have?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,068 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

If you thought Harry's Bar was pricey - Danielli may make your eyes water:

http://www.terrazzadanieli.com/en/menus

UK
Level Contributor
629 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

You did ask for the best, high-end restaurants...

Expensive yes, whether they are over the top is subjective. Prices are about the same as you would pay in similar establishments in London or New York.

Harry's Bar has a daily three course special which is often 70-80 EUR.

Edited: 06 May 2013, 22:42
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
895 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

I understand and have eaten in Boston, DC, and SF and 30 euros for a salad got my attention

I would expect to pay $150 - $ 200

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,068 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

You should think in euros when planning your budget - $150 = 115 euros; $200 = 152 euros (in today's currency exchange rate) - so, for "best high end" restaurants, for two people, that's not that much. You say you want a 4 star and since Michelin only goes to 3 star, what are you referring to when you say 4 star?

You can have a very nice meal for two up to 150 euros but the very high end restaurants will be more.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
895 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best 4 star restaurants near Bauer Palladio

I was referring to a tripadvisor restaurant rating of 4 stars since this is on trip advisor. I've had good luck following their ratings