We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

I have read some conflicting information as to whether the luggage storage area on the Frecciargento train is (1) at the end of the car where the WC is located or (2) at the opposite end where there is no WC. I've looked at the train diagrams on the Trenitalia website and cannot figure it out. This is for the Freggiargento ETR600 Venice to Bologna. If anyone knows where it is, I would appreciate it if you would let me know. Thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

Why does it matter? There is no problem of theft of luggage from long-distance trains.

There are a number of different designs of car.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

I was hoping to sit somewhere so that I could at least keep an eye on my luggage during any scheduled stops. While I am not overly concerned about theft, it seemed like a good precaution to take.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

Just move and stand near your luggage everytime it stops. No need to get a seat with a view of the luggage

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

raileurope.fr/Extranet/seatmaps/FRECCIARGENT…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

perilizia - I saw that seatmap; however, I couldn't figure out what all those squiggles were on the map. In any case, my reservation has now been made on the Trenitalia website - it all went flawlessly. Thank you for your comments.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

The oversized luggage racks on the ETR 600 SHOULD be at the railcar end OPPOSITE the washrooms.

United States
Level Contributor
9,717 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

It looks like there are additional racks at about the 1/3 and 2/3 distance, ie, in carriage 2 between 31/41 and 72/82.

TAB

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

Carriage 1 and 2 are both first class. From these diagrams (which I have not seen on the Trenitalia website itself), it does indeed appear that there may be oversized luggage racks also within the seating areas of the second class railcars.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,413 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

I was on a few trains last spring that had luggage areas in the middle of the train cars. but i was also on a few (same type) that only had it at the end; in December, the train did not have the racks in the middle. They do not all have the same configuration (as mentioned above) - I was told the one I took in December was a new train and it looked it. These were all second class.

Yeah - no reason to be watching your luggage. If you feel a need do stand by it just before a stop.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Location of Luggage Storage Area on Frecciargento (ETR600)

Thanks everyone.