We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

Smyrna, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
89 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

Hello Forum, my wife and I will be staying in Dorsoduro at Hotel Moresco. I wanted to get the forums opinion on the best places to eat in this sestiere (low end to high end), thanks in advance.

shp
Wokingham, England
Level Contributor
345 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

We stayed in Dorsoduro last year, there are numerous eating places, many of them very reasonable. I can't remember the names of the places we went to but if you wander around you'll find there are plenty to choose from.

For cheap eats try the Campo San Margherita. This is a student area and there are cheap cafés and bars serving good food, we had some excellent sandwiches and salads at lunchtime. For something a bit more upmarket, try Calle Lunga San Barnaba, where there are several good places. Everything we ate was excellent quality and, although not cheap, well worth the money.

Enjoy your holiday.

Smyrna, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
89 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

Awesome, thanks for the tips shp!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,781 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

Where the Hotel is situated look at places in Santa Croce also,

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

When we stay in Dorsoduro we usually eat at 'Cantinone Storico' which is on the Vio Canal. We always make a reservation and sit outside next to the canal...haven't been disappointed yet! You will need the reservation...they seem to be open for just one service, although there seems to be plenty of room inside the restaurant.

Smyrna, Tennessee...
Level Contributor
89 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

Awesome, thanks Sophie8 and MoltoBene!

6. Re: Best Restaurants in Dorsoduro...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:19