We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for a specific water taxi /driver?

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rome
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for a specific water taxi /driver?

Having not had success in finding a boat to rent with "driver" for the Redentore, and having had sticker shock at some of the set menus at hotels with view, I am considering hiring a water taxi. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a specific person? We used to know (13 years ago) one great "taxista" Paolo Bull, but I have learned he has now retired. Any suggestions for someone you have used, and have been very pleased with, would be appreciated

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for a specific water taxi /driver?

sorry to be a downer but here you might hit another problem .... The taxis I very much doubt will tie up in the centre with the other boats / They will take you out to say the entrance of the grand canal or go out say 11.30 before the fireworks start to watch the fireworks but not for the party beforehand. The night of the Rendentore obviously the taxis for the fireworks are at a premium rate / try veneziataxis for a quote.

2. Re: Any recommendations for a specific water taxi /driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:19