We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

I've come across a Ghost walking tour in Venice that sounds interesting. It's 1.5 hours and might be fun for our 14 year old grandson, who will be traveling with us.

Had anyone had experience with this? If so, was it worthwhile?

Boston...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

Hi,

I did the ghost tour in April of this year. I was not impressed. It could be because I compared it to Salem,Ma,s ghost tours and Venice was more of a historic tour about 3 events. On the other hand my friend who I was traveling with thought it was great.

If you go just make sure you know where to meet the group..exactly where you will meet the group..with so many tourists it is very confusing and the tour leaders do not always show up until the very last second and some do not carry large signs with the name of the tour.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

We did a ghost tour that met at the Rialto Bridge at 8 p.m. The guide was very good and we went into a number of alleyways and courtyards that we would not have found on our own. But it was more of a historic tour with a few ghost stories. With that said, it was an interesting thing to do during the evening.

The 14 yr old might like the Secret Itinerary tour at the Doges' Place and/or a trip to the top of the bell tower at San Giorgio Maggiore. Also, get a good map like the one in Fodor's "Venice's 25 Best" guide book and let him guide you from your hotel to a place that interests him. Getting lost in the back alleyways in Venice is a fun and interesting way to see the city.

ljubljana
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

We did this tour in August 2013, starting point Rialto bridge at 8 pm. It was fine but really not what I expected. Not many ghostly stories, but more of descriptions of some major murders / alley attacks / courtesans in last 500 years - it was interesting though from this point of view.

The guide was good, but she walked very fast through the alleys and we lost one couple (or they maybe wandered off themselves) - the guide noticed at the end. So keep close behind.

Petersfield, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

Is it every night at 8pm? Can you just show up and pay on arrival please?

ljubljana
Level Contributor
4 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

www.isango.com/italy-tours/venice-tours_r7152

we booked and paid through this page, but you can also get in touch with the local agency http://www.tours-italy.com/.

In summer the tour is held 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 8 pm starting at the top of Rialto bridge). Most of us have pre-booked and pre-paid the tour, but there were several guests that just showed up (at least 4 people as I saw) and the guide really did not complicate things. The price was the same also for them 22 eur/person.

The group was also quite large, around 24 people maybe more.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,057 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

This might be on your list but do consider the arsenal naval museum for your grandson......

7. Re: Ghost Walking Tour in Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 07:19