We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
4 posts
Save Topic
Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

Hi,

I will be at Venice for my honeymoon from 20'th and 21st of June. I'll be staying at a hotel close to the Grand Canal in Venice.

We have an early morning flight at about 6AM from Venice to Mykonos on 22nd June. Since I have to go through immigration and customs I am planning to leave by late night say 2 AM.

I would like to know whether there is any transportation available at Venice this late at night, if yes are they safe?

Or should I opt to check out from my hotel on 21st evening and check into an hotel close to the airport for the night?

If you have any other plan which you feel would be convenient for me then do let me know.

Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

You might want to consider the Courtyard Marriott, which is right near the Marco Polo Airport:

marriott.com/hotels/…

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,010 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

There is no point going to the airport at 2 am as it will be closed.... Aim to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight as the desks will not open any earlier . Plus security is the same for everybody.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,152 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

YOu have to check online but the Venice Airport doesn't open until something like 5am.

Eagan, Minnesota
Level Contributor
10 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

I just returned from Venice and had a similar situation (KLM flight to Amsterdam at 6:50am). I stayed near the airport (Hotel Park Annia, close to the Marriott). The shuttled dropped us off at 5:05 (5 minutes after the airport opened) and it took me an hour to get through the line to check baggage. Our flight ended up leaving 20 minutes later to ensure all passengers were accounted for. The logistics were very bad in the KLM queue (which also included AirFrance).

Although everything worked out okay in the end, it was very nerve-wrecking seeing the large queue.

Maybe your airline is different, however I reccommend getting to the airport at 4:30-5:00 to queue (likely via taxi). There were approx 20-30 already in line when we arrived at 5:05. Good luck!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,068 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

Take a vaporetto along the Grand Canal to catch the first bus from Piazzale Roma to the airport at 04.40. This arrives at the airport just as it is opening at 05.00.

6. Re: Venice to Marco Polo Airport Early Morning flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:16