We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orientation - Walking Tour?

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Orientation - Walking Tour?

I hope there's a Venice expert or someone who can help with a small item. We will arrive in Venice by train from Florence early on a Saturday morning in October. I am trying to find a two or three hour walking tour that afternoon to get us oriented. (I know we could do it ourselves but I would like to do a guided walk) I'm having trouble finding such a tour for a Saturday afternoon and not having much luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Venice Free Walking Tour
Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
La Bussola Free Tours
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
DiscoveringVenice -  Walking Tours
Boat Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Venice Original Photo Walk and Tour
Walking Tours, Lessons & Workshops, Private Tours, Photography Tours
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,530 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

With Guide book and map you can do it your self, and a lot cheaper,

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

Thank you Sophie. I know we could do it ourselves, but I would like to do a walking tour.

Edited: 06 June 2013, 17:34
Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

I googled "walking tours venice" and came up with some results.

and searched the Venice forum and got this result: tripadvisor.com/…48507047

Not many people on this forum have actually taken an orientation walking tour in Venice (including me) so I can't vouch for the above.

Edited: 06 June 2013, 18:42
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,280 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

You didn't find anything here: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187870-Activiti…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,757 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

or this one

http://freetourvenice.com/

cambridge ontario
Level Contributor
359 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

Hey there neighbour,

We took the free walking tour of Venice in May and it was wonderful especially if this is your first time in Venice. Our guide, a young university student, took us through some areas we had never been to before even though we had been to Venice several times. There were only 7 people in our group ( no walking behind umbrella toting tour guides ). Martina was friendly, helpful and the walk was lovely. She was able to suggest restaurants, bars etc. I would heartily recommend it.

Peabody...
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

I took the Venice Free Tour in May and highly recommend it. We also had an art student leading the tour and she was full of helpful advice that made our stay in Venice exceptional. Trip Advisors has the contact info for this tour and a number of reviews (including mine). The tour does start at 11:00 AM so I'm not sure if it will work out for you on your first day, but take it on your second day, it's well worth it.

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

Thanks everyone, very much. I'm sure now that we'll find something that works.

9. Re: Orientation - Walking Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:16