We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late train back to Rome or early flight

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Late train back to Rome or early flight

Hi! I will be spending my last two days in Venice but I fly back to the US from Rome. Would you recommend I take the latest train ride and stay my last night in a hotel near the airport? Or should I take an early flight or train from Venice to the airport in Rome the same day of my flight My flight is at 9:50 am. Are trains usually realiable with respect to times? Thanks!!,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

You will have to be at the Rome airport 3 hours before your flight (so, around 7 a.m.) - you should definitely stay either in Rome the night before or by the Rome airport. You would never make it from Venice in time via train and I am nearly certain there are no such flights that would get you into Rome at that hour. Also, what if the plane or train from Venice to Rome is delayed at all. You could end up losing your international flight.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

Thanks!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

Stay in Rome your last night it will be the best choice for your 9:50 am flight which actually means you have to be at the airport around 7:00am. Stay in the city and enjoy Rome at night then take a taxi or a very early bus or train to the airport.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,162 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

Staying "near" the airport is no more convenient than staying in Rome. Many of the hotels near the airport do not start their shuttle runs early enough for you, and it may not be easy to get a taxi for a short ride.

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,019 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

stay near Termini (the train station) in Rome and on check in have the hotel arrange a taxi/shuttle to the airport at an appropiate time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

You can take the Leonardo Express from Termini to FCO - first train is 5:52 a.m. - plenty of time; you can even take the one after that as they run every 30 minutes - see below about it and other train option:

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

This site shows the hours of LE: raileurope.com/european-trains/leonardo-expr…

The LE is a non-stop train - Termini to FCO

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

I would definitely stay the night in Rome in a hotel near the train station, taxis are expensive so I would get an early train to the airport.

8. Re: Late train back to Rome or early flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:16