We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Walking Tours - No Response

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Georgetown, TX
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Free Walking Tours - No Response

A few days ago I tried to book a walking tour with this company for for a July date. There was an indication that I'd receive a confirming email shortly. I haven't received anything so far, and found another traveler that had the same problem. Any inputs on what the problem might be?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,687 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

Did you check your spam or junk mail folder in your email program? That may be the reason.

Georgetown, TX
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

Yup, we both checked...but found nothing.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,959 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

They use university students I believe as guides.. The University is closed now for the summer but strange that they are not running / responding as they seemed such a success.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
18,301 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

If you do manage to go on this tour, keep in mind that “free” walking tours are seldom free.

The guide who conducts such a tour generally expects a tip (generous or otherwise) in return—which, in the case of penurious students, is perfectly understandable.

Georgetown, TX
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

Thanks...I'd read many of the posts on TA, so I knew about the hefty tip requirement.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,242 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

They called my hotel and had a message waiting for me on our arrival. It seemed to be casually run, but we had a tour with this group. At some point, you could call them and find out the status and details of the tour you want to take. Do you have their phone number?

The tour was good exercise. We covered a fair distance, from Campo Santa Margherita to chiesa di Santa Maria della Salute and back. The most valuable part of the tour, after the exercise, was the recommendation for the Palanca Restaurant on the island of Guidecca which is almost directly across the Guidecca Canal from the Zattere vaporetto stop. The restaurant is maybe 200 feet to the left of the stop, near the pharmacy with the green "+" sign hanging outside. It's a fish restaurant where the locals go. You'll undoubtedly be the only tourists! It's small and busy.

Spirit

7. Re: Free Walking Tours - No Response

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:17