We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Regata Storica

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Regata Storica

We plan on attending this in Sept. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to watch/take photos? We're also not sure what time it starts or the time we need to be there to get a good view? Thanks!

www.regatastoricavenezia.it/…

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,959 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Regata Storica

Somewhere comfy!!!! Generally you are not permitted o hang round on bridges. i would suggest Rialto mercato area or San Marcuola for a good view... The historic procession is well worth watching as are the races.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Regata Storica

Rosa...you are giving away my secrets...:)

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,959 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Regata Storica

Not all don't worry!!!!!

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Regata Storica

Whew....:)

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Regata Storica

Thank you! Can't wait to see it. We arrive the Friday before so hope we can figure out how to get there by Sunday. LOL!! We're staying in the Cannaregio area. Also, do you know what time we need to get there and what time it starts?

UK
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Regata Storica

Here's the official website: www.regatastoricavenezia.it/index.php?lang=it

[found by googling 'regata storica']

If you click on 'Programma', you will find it starts at 16:00. If you want close-ups, get to the Rio dell'Arsenale before 15:00, which should give you time to get back to the Grand Canal and find a vantage point.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Regata Storica

Thanks! I was on that website and somehow overlooked the program times.

Benson, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Regata Storica

If you are in Cannaregio then, San Marcuola is the spot to be, however we always enjoyed going to the Arsenale as Venicelover suggested...you see them all come out to the Grand Canal from there but not ness airily the race....

Houston
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Regata Storica

I also am considering a last-minute trip to Venice for Regata Storica with my 4 year old. On the website I see advertised tickets for purchase (see excerpt):

www.regatastoricavenezia.it/index.php?lang=en

ATTENDING THE REGATA STORICA 2013 ON THE TRIBUNE OF SAN TOMA'

You can attend the Regata Storica 2013 comfortably seated on the tribune set up near Campo San Toma'. The floating platform, set in one of the most beautiful and spectacular route along the Grand Canal, allows you to see every regatta passing twice in front of you (before and after the tour of "paleto"), and of course the historical parade and other events, with perfect view on the finishing line in front of Ca 'Foscari and the "machina".

Prices:

Non-residents in the Municipality of Venice:

Full: Euro 50.00

Boys 6/18 years: Euro 25.00

Children under 6 free, with no seat assignment and accompanied by an adult.

Questions:

1) Is this advisable and why/why not?

2) how does this "floating platform" exactly work--are there bathrooms-4 y/o son and not clear how long the event goes; if I were to buy just one ticket for me is the idea that he'd sit on my lap the whole time?

Thanks!

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,959 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Regata Storica

No bathrooms ...it would be boring for a young one to watch all the time.. Simply as the boats go past and then you have a wait until they row up to the turning point and come back again.

It really is a floating tribune plastic chairs so yes he would have to sit on your lap. It is a great event but I would possibly find a spot to watch the historical parade - well worth it and then maybe the start of a race then wander and come back to watch some more if he is interested.