We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

Canada
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Topic
Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

Hi, I know that recently some Italy museums and sites are now free to all children under 18. Does this apply to any museums/sites etc in Venice. We will be there for 3 days/nights in late September and am trying to get a handle on budget and itinerary.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

there are some family discounts for some of the Civic museums like the Doge's Palace, if you buy one ticket at full price, there rest are at a reduced rate. Here's the link: …visitmuve.it/en/…. It doesn't say that the children/students must be EU citizens. The family tickets seem like the best deal.

However, the Accademia would be full price, which clearly lists that reduced tickets are for EU citizens.

gallerieaccademia.org/information/tickets/…

Mentioned in this post
Doge's Palace
Doge's Palace
21,562 Reviews
Venice, Italy
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,573 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

It should be for all state run musuems in Italy but some may not be going by the new rule as of yet.

Donna

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

I did find this website which had the announcement regarding the changed admission policy and a way to search by region

uffizi.org/1183-finally-kids-are-the-same-fo…

Didn't find anything for Venice but the above website did have the official press release which they recommend you print out to show. Who knows?

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Canada
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

If this is correct, then the Accademia, Correr and Palazzo Ducale would be included http://www.beniculturali.it/mibac/opencms/MiBAC/sito-MiBAC/MenuPrincipale/LuoghiDellaCultura/Ricerca/index.html?Nome=&Proprieta=&Tipologia=&action=do&luogo=Veneto|VE|Venezia&page=0

Mentioned in this post
Veneto
Veneto
Italy
Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

I didn't look at all the pages, it is there.

Your persistance has paid off! They are free for children and the websites don't reflect those changes.

This will be a great help for many.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

Since the Palazzo Ducale has child rate tickets for everyone and a family ticket deal, will they be going to free tickets for children. If not, I can buy the family ticket on site, correct.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

Would you update your post when you purchase your tickets and let us know if you did pay the children

I am trying to book tickets for Doges Palace for two adults and two children. Site is still asking for a fee for children so I'm unsure now what to do. I'd rather not pay for the children if we don't have to but how can we reserve tickets??

Mentioned in this post
Doge's Palace
Doge's Palace
21,562 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Italy
Level Contributor
6,187 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

The site is asking the fee for the advance booking: it's the "cost" you have to pay to skip the line (adult or child).

Canada
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

We won't be there until the end September, and may wait to buy until we get there. Hopefully someone will have bought theres before then and can update the info.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,442 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for Update on children's rates to sites/museums

Just to point out the 50 cent fee per ticket is not the issue, it is the 8 euro ticket price for those kids that are 6+