We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel rooms

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
hotel rooms

I've never traveled to Europe, I am thinking about going to Venice at the end of May for 5 nights. I have been looking at hotels and I've run into a common problem. We are a family of four, I'll be traveling with my husband and two sons ages 21 and 18. I was looking for a room that would sleep four within my price range and I cannot seem to find this. Is this out of the ordinary for Europe. I'm looking for an area that is within walking distance to the attractions. My budget is about 400.00 US max.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 18:17
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,563 reviews
from US$57.10*
Special Offer
Dolomite Mountains Small-Group Day...
770 reviews
from US$176.50*
US$196.80
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,541 reviews
from US$76.20*
US$92.70
St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace...
290 reviews
from US$82.50*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,767 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel rooms

You can look for quad rooms - check www.venere.com - you can sort there by room type; see what comes up.

I assume that is $400 per night - you really should start thinking in euros when figuring out budget for travel in there. With today's currency exchange rate, the $400 is about 303 euros (www.xe.com)

Rooms are often small - it may be that you will find a more suitable arrangement with two rooms.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel rooms

Thanks, I also found this, Residence Corte Grimani which looks decent. I know in NYC apartment rentals are illegal. I wasn't sure if they were in Italy. Maybe an apartment type hotel would work. Yes, $400.00 per night or 303 Euros (approximately). I could go a little more if I really had to. Like I've said, I've never been to Europe so I find this whole planning process intimidating. I can see spending many hours here on TA.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42,767 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel rooms

I've read a lot of reports on here from people who have rented apts in Venice - you could search the forum though I'm sure some folks will have some suggestions for you in this thread. For five nights and 4 adults, it would likely be a very good option for you all to have room to spread out.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,190 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel rooms

We rented an apartment for three nights, way better than sharing a hotel room. Look on VRBO and airbnb. Lots to choose from.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel rooms

We stayed here and enjoyed it enormously.

http://www.vrbo.com/149494

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel rooms

Thanks, I'll check into it.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,781 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel rooms

Put "Quad rooms " in the search box on this page, ,should be some ideas there,

Venice, Italy
Level Contributor
561 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel rooms

Hotel room for 4 will be small. Definitely try for apartment and, as other poster said, try either Airbnb or VRBO. My friends have used both with success in the past.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,531 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel rooms

Check two rooms at www.aitagliapietra.com a B&B in the Italian sense which is more than accommodating and has a delightful and helpful host in Lorenzo.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel rooms

Check out Locando Gaffaro which isn't too far from Piazzale Roma and Campo Margherita. It's in a great location for catching the vaporetto or walking to historic sights. We had a room on the first floor. It was down a littlle hallway and there was another room next to it. For your budget you may be able to get two rooms.