We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water taxi sharing service

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
water taxi sharing service

Hi,

I read on another forum post that there's a service whereby you can share a taxi taxi with other people to cut down on cost. I am assuming that means other people not in your party. Does anyone know more about this? Would you arrange it when you get to the airport or before?

Thanks, Sarah

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: water taxi sharing service

You do share it with others and there are pre-determined stops. It may require a wait for others to arrive. It has to be booked ahead of a time.

here's the info

www.venicelink.com/index.php…

I used Venice Link for a private transfer and was pleased with the service. If search on TA site, there are a few people who have used the shared transfer

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: water taxi sharing service

just another note on this, while we did prebook on the link provided for a shared transfer, there were other people that did go to the counter at the airport and joined us as we were about to leave (they can take a maximum of 6 persons in one taxi)

Australia
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: water taxi sharing service

I used them in February and was very satisfied with the service.

There were 3 of us (at first) who had pre-booked. But, when we got to the taxi, we were joined by 4 more customers who had booked when they got off the plane. So, there were more than 6 of us, but that was OK! I was the last one to get to my destination, and that was more than OK, we got to ride down the Rio di S. Alvise, then down the Cannaregio Canal and finally, as the sole occupant, down the Grand Canal to the Giardini vaporetto stop. What a nice way to come back to Venice!

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,241 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water taxi sharing service

Look at my review,

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187870-…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: water taxi sharing service

We have used the shared water taxi on two occasions, both times from Marco Polo to Venice proper. Worked really well.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: water taxi sharing service

What about ALILAGUNA. http://www.alilaguna.it/

The person we are renting the apartment recommended this. Is it the same thing as Vince links.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: water taxi sharing service

Alilaguna is a ferry that runs from Marco Polo to Venice. Takes an hour, or a bit more depending on your destination. Water taxi (shared or solo) takes about 20 minutes.

bedford
Level Contributor
1,457 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: water taxi sharing service

thanks peter, I was wondering what the difference was.

9. Re: water taxi sharing service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 06:20