We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zurich & Venice 1 Week Travel Info

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 posts
Save Topic
Zurich & Venice 1 Week Travel Info

Hi,

Me and my wife are planning our honeymoon in Zurich & Venice.

We are planning this trip in early February.

From what I read about Venice, I understand that 2-3 days in Venice would be good enough(please correct me if I am wrong).

I also want to visit Zurich, Switzerland and explore its beauty.

I am open with any other place in Switzerland if it is more scenic than Zurich.

I would like to understand how should I plan my travel.

Should I fly to Zurich(or some other location in Switzerland) and then come down to Venice and then fly back from Venice or the other way around?

What would be the closest scenic location in Switzerland that would help me get to Venice easily?

How much safe and reliable is the transportation?

I also read that the train ride is very amazing. What would be the best train ride experience from Switzerland.

We are kind of a couple that appreciate natural beauty.

And to visit Venice would be the number one priority(as it is my wife's choice) and visiting Switzerland would be my second priority(as it is my choice).

Thanks in advance for helping us out.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 08:45
Mentioned in this post
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Venice Tours
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Gondola Cruises
Il Doge di Venezia
Ferries, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,954 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zurich & Venice 1 Week Travel Info

Early February is not the ideal time to see either Venice or Switzerland as the weather will be cold and there will be lots of rain, snow (in Switzerlandf) and mist/fog.

"2-3 days in Venice would be good enough". I have never spent less than a week in Venice and have always left with lots still to see. You can see the major tourist sights in 2-3 days i suppose but hardly begin to see all of this wonderful city and the surrounding islands in the lagoon which also contain a lot worth seeing.

Train travel throughout western Europe is "safe and reliable". Both Italian and German trains are very punctual, after all b oth are old civilizations, not "developing" countries.

Both Zurich and Venice ( Marco Polo airport) have major international airports so there will be plenty of flights - even from the USA - for you to choose from so which you fly into and which you fly out of is more a matter of your personal convenience. From own personal experience I prefer landing and taking off from Marco Polo than Zurich which has substantial mountains around the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Europe
Europe
World
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
2. Re: Zurich & Venice 1 Week Travel Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:23