We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

Hi All,

My fiancée (soon to be husband!!) will be travelling to Venice for our honeymoon on 9th September (for 4 nights) and I have a number of questions.

Gondola rides: Should I pre book? I have found one for 35 for £35?

Organised Trips: Are they worth the money or should we just decide what to do when we arrive?

Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for 4 nights? We are arrive late on the Monday night so probably a Tues-Fri example would be good.

Gluten free: can anyone give and recommendations for restaurants that serve gluten free food.

Any other tips!

Thanks in advance!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,999 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

This is the official tariff for Water Taxi's,

www.gondolavenezia.it/history_tariffe.asp…

There is not any need to book,

Do get a guide book to see what is on offer and what appeals to you, Guides are expensive I feel it is

easy to do on your own,

Put Gluten free on the search bo x on this page it is a often asked question there is a lot of advice there,

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

Thank you.

Also we are planning to get the rolling Venice card, can we buy this at Treviso airport?

Can you recommend the best way to get to our hotel in Murano from the airport? We are arriving late on Monday.

Thanks

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

I am not familiar with the Treviso airport, but don't believe it is possible to get the Rolling Venice there. It really wouldn't help anyway, as there is no ACTV service to Treviso airport, so the pass would not work on the bus to Piazzale Roma.

Once you arrive to Piazzale Roma you can purchase the Card and pass, as late as 11:30pm (h23.30).

The n°5.2 in the evenings after around 8:30pm actually goes to Murano from the Fondamente Nove, and does not continue to Lido.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 17:33
Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,465 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

There is an ATVO coach which is timed to coincide with Ryanair flights into Treviso airport. It takes roughly 40 minutes, depending on traffic, to reach Piazzale Roma in Venice. From the landing stage at Piazzale Roma the 4.2 water bus will take you all the way to Murano and will call at all the six landing stages on Murano island.

if by mistake you take the 4.1 water bus it will eventually take you to Murano on a much longer route

swansea
Level Contributor
132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

Hi .

The Rolling Venice card is only valid for 14-29 year olds. Any older than that, the "adult" prices apply.

You can get to Murano from Treviso airport by firstly getting the ATVO coach to Piazzale Roma, then there is a night boat which goes to Murano and Burano. See Hellovenezia website for timetables & further info.

Hope this helps & have a great time!

Venicefan UK

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

Thank you everyone for your replies :-D

7. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:14
8. Re: Honeymooning in Venice - Lots of questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:19