We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

I would like to use this as my mode of transport to get around Venice. Should I buy tickets online - or is it easy enough to buy when I arrive at the station.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,467 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

vaporetto dell'Arte is a restricted route and therefore not ideal for general transport around Venice. Just use the normal water buses which go all round Venice and on some lines out to the surrounding islands. See www.actv.it for details of routes and timetables..

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,005 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

You buy where you would get tthe Venice Travel pass, it is resstricted basically to the Grand Canal, main vantage is it not crowded,

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

Okay, I am totally confused now as far as which pass to get? We will be there for 10 days so will probably buy a 7 day pass. I thought I read in someone's post that the Vaporetto dell'Arte offered a better option (smaller boat - not as crowded) then the regular pass and still went to the same places?

We plan on using it around Venice and also to the other islands (Lido, Murano, Burano.) We really just don't want to worry about paying extra for anything and want a pass that will take care of all that.

Sorry....just a little confused here so sorry if it's a stupid question.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,005 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

No not stupid, it is not been going that long but dell'Arte is mainly for the placee of thee arte, Museums et it is not used so much so really not so busy, Vaporetti can get very busy but to use all the routes a Venice Travel pass is thee way to go,

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,942 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

Got it - Venice Travel Pass! Thank you!

So this is the one we need - 7 days for 50 Euros?

www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/movinginvenice

The trip is getting closer now (few more weeks) and I still have a lot of things to wrap up/book like a Prosecco tour and a restaurant for a special birthday dinner.

Stuttgart, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

Hi Everyone,

I need a help .Can You pls suggest me what type of travelling card is best for us.

Me(28 yrs) and my husband (32 yrs)will reach to venice on 28th aug eve(19:00) at santa lucia railway station ,31st afternoon(14:00) is our return journey(from airport . we booked our room at Via Stazione, Ballo’ di Mirano.It takes 25-30 min from san lucia railway station.Canyou suggest us what type of travelling card is suitable for us to travel together for these three days.And We are also planning to see Murano,Burano,torcellono islands.

1) if i take rolling venice card what all commutation can i use & is it valid for the above islands or can i any places or any discounts for the places?And if my husband take 72-hrs card can we both travel with same commutation?

& we also prefer to walk for near by places.

These are the places i found good in the sites

Murano (glass museum)

Burano(lace Museum),Mazzorbo,torcello

Lido beach

Doges palace&correr

museum,archielogical musuem

Saintmark's square

Clock tower

SanGiorgio Maggiore or

Campanile(the bell tower of st mark's basilica)

Saint mark's Basilica

CASA Rezzonica(along grandcanal)

Peggy Guggenheim Museum

Gallerie dell'Accademia

Fondamenta Gerardini(Ponte dei pugni)

Scuola Grande dei Carmini

Scuola Grande di San Rocco(san polo district)

Dorsorduro district(Campo santa Marghertia)

Rialto Bridge(along grand canal)

Santa Maria della salute & sacristy

Ca' D'Oro - Galleria Giorgio Franchetti

Bridge of sighs

Fondamenta dei Mendicanti

Chiesa del Redentore,la giudecca(dorsoduro)

Church La pieta (Santa Maria della pieta

Fondaco dei Turchi(Fontego dei Turchi)

St.Mary of Friars(church) (san polo district)

can we cover these above places in three days?As i didnot understand how much time does it takes to cover each place?

if we take one day pass to cover the islands& beach can we walk to rest of the places and go?As airport and station doesnot cover in any cards.

And from the above list i can delete the places which are not so interested.

And on 28th evening can we see any places after 8:00 P.M?

pls help me iam really confused with cards :(

Thank in Advance.

Stuttgart, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

i prepared a big list because i heard that all these places are near by and does not take much time.

if it is not possible can anyone suggest what are main places i should not miss in this list.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,005 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

lakshimi

You can get a Rolling card your husband a Venice Travel card, you can travel together.

9. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:14
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vaporetto dell'Arte - quick question

To the OP - Think of the Vaporetto dell'Arte as Venice's version of a hop-on-hop-off bus. It's good for seeing the sights along the Grand Canal (much less crowded than the regular vaporetto), but it does not provide full coverage of Venice so really should only be done for one day, IMO. Use the regular vap the rest of the time you're there. Pick whichever pass combination makes the most sense for you once you arrive there. I would suggesting doing the VDA your first day, and a vap pass that would cover the rest of your time, if you're planning to use it more than twice a day.