We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked tickets for the Accedemia... I think.

Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked tickets for the Accedemia... I think.

Hi... I just went on the ticket reservation site for the Accedemia and found they'd finally opened up tickets for when we'll be there in September. The booking process was fairly simple... Until everything switched over into Italian. I managed to get the tickets I wanted, and it accepted my credit card information, but when I got the email confirmation I started to wonder if I was missing something. It seems to just be a confirmation the payment was processed... No where on it can I find confirmation of the time I picked, etc. The only like that looks like it might tell them the confirmation code is this "Merchant code assigned by the merchant to the payment order: xxxxxx".

Does anyone know if this is 'standard' for confirmations for these tickets, or should I be expecting another email with more detailed information that I'd use to exchange for the actual tickets?

Thanks!

Venice, Italy
Destination Expert
for Venice, City of Venice
Level Contributor
7,773 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just booked tickets for the Accedemia... I think.

It is not uncommon that a payment confirmation arrives from the creditcard processing company (usually a major bank or financial institution like Unicredit, San Paolo, Setefi or Moneta) and the reservation confirmation may or may not be sent by the originating vendor's website, depending on how well the vendor's e-commerce is set up. Usually the credit card processing part is the separate financial company's website (which could explain the Italian language) and upon completion of the card processing returns the navigator to the vendor's site with an "outcome code" (usually as simple as success or failure) to then continue with a thank you, or email confirmation, or such, but what they, the Accademia in this case, do after that doesn't have anything to do with the payment any more.

This is actually not a bad set-up as it makes sure that the tech UN-savvy people at the Accademia or other Italian institutional websites don't have to worry themselves about things like security of confidential information like credit card numbers and such, since only the bank ever sees the credit card information, and are better prepared to use it and protect it correctly.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 07:02
Toronto
Level Contributor
237 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just booked tickets for the Accedemia... I think.

Thanks for that. The actual confirmation did come by email a few hours later and has all the information I was looking for... date/time of tour booked, actual confirmation number, etc, so we're all set!

3. Re: Just booked tickets for the Accedemia... I think.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:21