We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To cold to eat outside

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
baltimore
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
To cold to eat outside

I will be in Venice the first week of November and was wondering if it will be to cold to eat outside. Do some of the restaurants have heaters on there patios?

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,846 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To cold to eat outside

They do but very few,. November may just be a little too cold,especially the evenings, may be okay in the

day time,

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,358 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To cold to eat outside

Yes, it the sun is shining and the restaurant has outdoor seating in the sun then it should be fine for lunch during the first week of November. I've even eaten outdoors at 10pm in November and had daytime drinks sitting outdoors in December, January and February (and this was all without patio heaters).

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To cold to eat outside

That is good to hear I might be able to sit outside and people watch. I love to people watch.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: To cold to eat outside

I've been to Venice twice in November and have sat at outside cafes on many occasions for lunch. You'll have many opportunities and plenty of choices of cafes with outdoor seating. One of my favorite memories is walking to Campo San Margherita on a Sunday morning, sitting on a bench for awhile and enjoying seeing families out with their children, children playing with each other, locals greeting each other. I decided to stay for lunch at one of the outdoor cafes - it was a great place to peope watch.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,415 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To cold to eat outside

I am certainly in favour of Campo Santa Margherita in Dorsoduro, which is one of my best places for people watching from one of the many cafes/bars around the Campo

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: To cold to eat outside

Jaguar-- Wow.. That sounds like a perfect day to me. I am getting so excited for our first trip to Italy

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
7,442 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: To cold to eat outside

We have our 5:00 p.m. Spritz Aperol on an outdoor patio in December. Even on drizly and cool afternoons, there are umbrellas to shield one. So, I think the first week in November and lunch should work with the exception of a particularly poor weather.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: To cold to eat outside

I will be staying at Foscari Palace at Campo Santa Sophia and was wondering how long is the walk to Campo Santa Margherita?

9. Re: To cold to eat outside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:18
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,846 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: To cold to eat outside

It is a long walk to Campo Santa Margarita best to take a Vaporetto line 1 from Ca'd'Oro to Ca Rezzoinico, then a 5 minute walk,