We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Two days in Venice. Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults? We would also like to have wine with our meals. How would you divide up this money between lunch and dinner?

NY
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Re this and your other post for Rome, I'd say it is doable but you have to be careful - look at the prices on the menus outside. More of a squeeze in Venice than Rome and in Venice you will also have the cover/bread (coperto) charge perhaps 3-5 Euros/person also posted. Maybe do a stand up or take away sandwich for lunch - note also it costs more to sit in a cafe/bar.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Yes, doable, with a little consideration. We find pizza shops and cafes around town where you can get fully satisfactory small lunches for 5-10 euro each. Now, the restaurants can get rediculous sometimes, but just keep your eyes open. They all post menus with prices out front. We have had very nice dinners with wine in Venice for 50 euro for two of us. And keep in mind that in Venice, as in all of italy, the house wine will generally be pretty good. In Venice probably Valpolicello for the red. You can order it by glass, quarter litre, half litre, or bottle.

And we have frequently, in Venice, gone to an alimentare (grocery) and bought a little bread, cheese, fruit, wine, maybe meat, and had a little private picnic in our room, which we regard as quite romantic.

It is highly problematic to just allow a waiter to select your meal for you - that cost would be a high risk - easily could run to 200 euro for two.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
38,737 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Is 80 euros the total for all those meals for two full days for two people or do you mean 80 euros per day for two people (160 euros total then for 2 days)? I'm not clear.

There and in Rome, where you also asked, the take away pizza pieces (very good in many places), panini or something from a market is a good idea as mentioned above.

In Rome, pizzas (meant for one person) are anywhere from 6 to 10 euros usually, depending on topping(s) and with some wine, you can keep it to about 15 euros per person or so.

Worcester
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

80 euros per day. So yes, 160 euros for two days. Thanks so much for all the responses!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

I'm also budgeting 80 Euros per day for 2 persons for my trip to Venice, 30 for lunch and 50 for dinner. Well I hope I can stay within the budget! I will be in Venice in December, and staying at Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo.

Boston...
Level Contributor
189 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Another way of doing it (although totally not Italian!) is to have the bigger meal at lunch and a smaller one or just cicchetti and wine at night. For us older people that sometimes works better because we can try some restaurants that would be more expensive for dinner and also get to bed earlier.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

I travel alone but across several trips to Italy (inc Venice) I seriously doubt I've ever spent over 40 euros in a day on lunch and dinner. And by no means am I light eater. So yes, I would think 80 euros for two people is plenty adequate.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,988 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

Re 6# The idea of Cichetti in the evening., I would agree, but it is more of a lunch time thing ,not much selection come theee evening,

9. Re: Is 80 euros enough for lunch and dinner for two adults per d

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:17