Hi - coming to Venice end of this month. Friends have recommended taking a boat trip down the Grand Canal and the smaller canals.
I can't really find much about them on here, the No2 Attraction in Venice is the Grand Canal, and all the things that go with it, but not specifically these tours.
Can anyone advise -
- are they easy to find (apparently to the left of St Mark's Square),
- how much are they? (roughly)
- are there lots of different companies?
- if so, are they all similar in quality?
- do I need to pre-book - if so how? do you have any company names?
and finally I suppose, would you recommend them. (As a trip to take in a 7-8 hour visit to Venice)