We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shared Water Taxi into Venice

AU
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Shared Water Taxi into Venice

Hello,

We are planning to book a shared water taxi to transfer to our hotel, hotel dell opera in the evening. Does anyone know how far the walk is from the closest stop and which this might be? On the venicelink.com website it mentions the taxi will stop at:

Piazzale Roma, Fond. Sabbioni, Guglie, Fondamente Nuove, S.S. Apostoli, Rialto, San Tomà, Sant'Angelo, Cà Rezzonico, S.Vio, Trinità, S.Marco, S.Zaccaria, Giardini, Sant'Elena, Giudecca, Lido S.Maria Elisabetta

Our hotel was not on the list for direct stops. Thanks all.

Mentioned in this post
Piazzale Roma
Piazzale Roma
26 Reviews
Venice, Italy
Giardini
Giardini
Venice, Italy
Giudecca
Giudecca
City of Venice, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,082 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

If you look at the hotel's web site, it says that the closest vaporetto stop is San Marco. And any map of Venice will show you exactly where all the stops are located.

2. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 20:21
London,England
Level Contributor
294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

Try the Motoscafi site.http://motoscafivenezia.it/eng/trasferimenti.php

Our hotel(Duodo Palace) for our upcoming trip is also on the list for hotels not served directly.

I e-mailed Motoscafi,asking where the drop off point is and they replied , that for a 10euro supplement,we could be dropped off directly at our hotel.

This may work for you.

I presume the 10euros is paid directly to the driver , but I would be intrested if anyone else tried this.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
48,462 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

That is the site for Water Taxi's I was not aware they do a shared service

http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

London,England
Level Contributor
294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

I was under the impression,that if I book a transfer through http://www.motoscafivenezia.it/eng/

that we would share a boat from MP to Venice.

Or do we get a boat to ourselves(just myself and my wife are traveling)

Also can anyone explain, if the website says The Doudo Palace is not served directly, how come when I e-mailed them, they said I could reach the hotel with a 10 euro supplement.

Either the water taxi can reach the hotel or it cannot ??

How does the 10 euros enable the water taxi to reach the hotel??

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

The Duodo is on a side canal therefore difficult to reach thus a €10 supplement is applied to get you to the door. If due to tide conditions the boat cannot get in then they won't charge you a supplement. Other hotels for example that carry a supplement are Cavaletto, Saturnia, Bonvecchiati to name a few...

Motoscafi do do a shared service however I know nothing about it. If you are paying round €100 for a taxi then its all yours.......

London,England
Level Contributor
294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

Thank you Rosa,that makes it clearer for me.

Do you know if I prebook, then the 10 euro supplement would be payable to the driver? or would I sort it out at the dock before boarding?

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

Each company works differently. If you are paying cash for the whole service then I guess you would pay the driver. If you are pre booking and thus paying in advance then I am guessing they think the time of day you are arriving you will be fine.

You can always pay at the consorzio desk by card when you arrive,

To be honest I am not sure how they would refund this if they can't get in.... Often you get a lower or higher tide than predicted and they can't get in.....

London,England
Level Contributor
294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

I guess I will pre-book. Then I can inquire at the desk when I arrive at Marco Polo,and if all goes OK ,then I can pay the supplement there.

Many thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Marco Polo
Marco Polo
152 Reviews
Venice, Italy
10. Re: Shared Water Taxi into Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:17